Actifed and Ulcer - stomach - from FDA reports
Ulcer - stomach is found among people who take Actifed, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zolpidem, and have Osteoarthritis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 719 people who have side effects when taking Actifed from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
719 people reported to have side effects when taking Actifed.
Among them, 14 people (1.95%) have Ulcer - stomach
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Actifed when people have Ulcer - stomach *:
- < 1 month: 30 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 70 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ulcer - stomach when taking Actifed *:
- female: 14.29 %
- male: 85.71 %
Age of people who have Ulcer - stomach when taking Actifed *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 10 people, 71.43%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 9 people, 64.29%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 2 people, 14.29%
- Breast Cancer: 2 people, 14.29%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 2 people, 14.29%
- Ondansetron: 2 people, 14.29%
- Macrobid: 2 people, 14.29%
- Lovenox: 2 people, 14.29%
- Zolpidem: 2 people, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 10 people, 71.43%
- Gastritis Erosive (a break in the surface layer of the membrane lining the stomach with infection): 9 people, 64.29%
- Melaena (the passage of black, tarry stools): 7 people, 50.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 3 people, 21.43%
- Vaginal Bleeding: 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Ulcer - stomach while taking Actifed?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Ulcer - stomach
- Subscribe to monitor Ulcer - stomach in Actifed
You are not alone:
Actifed has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride; triprolidine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Actifed 807 users)
Ulcer - stomach
Ulcer - stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 52,889 Ulcer - stomach patients).
Drugs that are associated with Ulcer - stomachUlcer - stomach (2,573 drugs)
Could your condition cause Ulcer - stomachUlcer - stomach (2,347 conditions)
Actifed side effects
- Actifed side effects (719 reports)
Browse all side effects of Actifeda b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have V Tach with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
- Will you have Arthralgia with Nitrolingual? - now
- Will you have Tachycardia - Ventricular with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
- Will you have Joint Pain with Nitrolingual? - now
- Will you have Ventricular Tachycardia with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Lansoprazole, Lamictal, Carbamazepine - 20 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Velivet - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Xarelto, Sumatriptan - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Norco - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Metformin - 8 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.