Activase and Quincke's disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Quincke's disease is reported only by a few people who take Activase.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Activase and have Quincke's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,918 people who have side effects while taking Activase from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Activase.
Among them, 4 people (0.06%) have Quincke's disease.
What is Activase?
Activase has active ingredients of alteplase. eHealthMe is studying from 6,939 Activase users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Quincke's disease?
Quincke's disease (a form of localized swelling of the deeper layers of the skin and fatty tissues beneath the skin) is found to be associated with 949 drugs and 468 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Activase and Quincke's disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Quincke's disease when taking Activase *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Quincke's disease when taking Activase *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Activase *:
- Zoloft: 3 people, 75.00%
- Heparin: 3 people, 75.00%
- Wellbutrin: 3 people, 75.00%
- Sterile Water: 3 people, 75.00%
- Benadryl: 3 people, 75.00%
- Catapres: 3 people, 75.00%
- Firazyr: 3 people, 75.00%
- Flonase: 3 people, 75.00%
- Oxycodone: 3 people, 75.00%
- Mestinon: 3 people, 75.00%
Common side effects people have besides Quincke's disease *:
- Depression: 3 people, 75.00%
- Poor Venous Access: 3 people, 75.00%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 3 people, 75.00%
- Limb Injury: 3 people, 75.00%
- Injection Site Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin at injection site): 3 people, 75.00%
- Injection Site Pain: 3 people, 75.00%
- Injection Site Haemorrhage (bleeding from injection site): 3 people, 75.00%
- Itching: 2 people, 50.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Feeding Disorder (when children refuse to eat certain food groups): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Immune System Disorder: 4 people, 100.00%
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Activase and have Quincke's disease?Check whether Quincke's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Quincke's disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alteplase:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Activase:
- Activase (6,939 reports)
Common Activase side effects:
- Death: 744 reports
- Chest pain: 535 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 485 reports
- Drug ineffective: 320 reports
Browse all side effects of Activase:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Quincke's disease treatments and more:
- Quincke's disease (16,202 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Quincke's disease:
- Quincke's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Quincke's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Quincke's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Quincke's disease:
- Firazyr: 1,985 reports
- Kalbitor: 787 reports
- Heparin: 440 reports
- Hydramine: 413 reports
- Epipen: 379 reports
- Diphen: 348 reports
- Zyrtec: 273 reports
- Benadryl: 260 reports
- Zofran: 244 reports
- Vitamin d: 217 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Quincke's disease:
- Quincke's disease (949 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Quincke's disease:
All the conditions that are associated with Quincke's disease:
- Quincke's disease (468 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alteplase (the active ingredients of Activase) and Activase (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Solodyn and Rheumatoid Arthritis Aggravated - 4 seconds ago
- Soma and Decreased Interest - 5 seconds ago
- Primidone and Sleep Disorder - 8 seconds ago
- Clonidine and Cardiac Tamponade - 8 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Joint Crepitation - 9 seconds ago
- Catapres-Tts-1 vs. Sotalol Hydrochloride - 13 seconds ago
- St. John'S Wort vs. Chantix - 14 seconds ago
- Lantus vs. Humalog Mix 75/25 Kwikpen - 15 seconds ago
- Incivek and Necrotising Fasciitis Staphylococcal - 16 seconds ago
- Meropenem and Haemoglobin Abnormal - 18 seconds ago