Actonel and Jaundice - from FDA reports
Jaundice is found among people who take Actonel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,953 people who have side effects when taking Actonel from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
23,953 people reported to have side effects when taking Actonel.
Among them, 92 people (0.38%) have Jaundice
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Actonel when people have Jaundice *:
- < 1 month: 53.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Actonel *:
- female: 78.89 %
- male: 21.11 %
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Actonel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.0 %
- 50-59: 14.67 %
- 60+: 73.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 11 people, 11.96%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 10.87%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 7.61%
- Diabetes: 7 people, 7.61%
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria (haemoglobin in the urine): 6 people, 6.52%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 12 people, 13.04%
- Torsemide: 11 people, 11.96%
- Fosamax: 9 people, 9.78%
- Lipitor: 8 people, 8.70%
- Premarin: 8 people, 8.70%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Bilirubin Increased: 22 people, 23.91%
- Weakness: 20 people, 21.74%
- Fever: 19 people, 20.65%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 18 people, 19.57%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 17 people, 18.48%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Jaundice while taking Actonel?
You are not alone:
Actonel has active ingredients of risedronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Actonel 24,368 users)
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, hepatitis c, depression, pain (latest reports from 24,114 Jaundice patients).
Drugs that are associated with JaundiceJaundice (2,210 drugs)
Could your condition cause JaundiceJaundice (2,370 conditions)
Actonel side effects
- Actonel side effects (23,968 reports)
Browse all side effects of Actonela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
- Hirschmann S, Gibel A, Tsvelikhovsky I, Lisker A, "Late-Onset Psychosis and Risedronate Treatment for Osteoporosis: A Case Report", Clinical schizophrenia & related psychoses, 2013 May .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Rozerem and Yame Green Tea drug interaction - now
- Will you have Belching with Mirena? - now
- Will you have Gas - Belching with Mirena? - now
- Olanzapine and Levothyroxine Thyroid drug interaction - now
- Will you have Eructation with Mirena? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Depakote Er, Seroquel, Loratadine, Lexapro, Topamax - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Alendronate Sodium - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Ezetimibe - 13 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.