Adalat and Hemiplegia - from FDA reports
Hemiplegia is found among people who take Adalat, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Diovan, and have Insomnia. This review analyzes which people have Hemiplegia with Adalat. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,389 people who have side effects when taking Adalat from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
16,389 people reported to have side effects when taking Adalat.
Among them, 39 people (0.24%) have Hemiplegia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Adalat when people have Hemiplegia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 40 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 40 %
Gender of people who have Hemiplegia when taking Adalat *:
- female: 47.37 %
- male: 52.63 %
Age of people who have Hemiplegia when taking Adalat *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.51 %
- 60+: 86.49 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (6 people, 15.38%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 15.38%)
- Gallstones (4 people, 10.26%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 10.26%)
- Herpes Zoster (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diovan (8 people, 20.51%)
- Lantus (7 people, 17.95%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 15.38%)
- Halcion (5 people, 12.82%)
- Novorapid (4 people, 10.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cerebral Infarction (16 people, 41.03%)
- Convulsion (8 people, 20.51%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (6 people, 15.38%)
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (5 people, 12.82%)
- Oedema Peripheral (4 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hemiplegia when taking Adalat?
- Check symptoms - is hemiplegia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHemiplegia and drugs with ingredients of nifedipine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHemiplegia and Adalat from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Adalat has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Adalat 16,666 users)
Hemiplegia (paralysis of one side of the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, atrial fibrillation/flutter, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 7,441 Hemiplegia patients).
Browse all side effects of Adalata b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HemiplegiaHemiplegia
Could your condition cause HemiplegiaHemiplegia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi, I am asking for my 18yr old nephew. He is diagnosed as epilepsy and left side hemiplegia. His seizures have gotten worse. They gave his mom two options. One of them being taking out a part of his brain that is showing too much activity that causes these siezures, yet they do t even know if ...
User reviews to the study
Hi been diagnoised with vasculitis recently,was given Adalat to take. Just got meds yesterday have not taken any yet,scared of side affects. Could anyone who is on this med help to put my mind at ease. Many Thanks