Advair hfa and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Advair hfa, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Advair hfa and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,754 people who have side effects when taking Advair hfa from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
55,754 people reported to have side effects when taking Advair hfa.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Advair hfa?
Advair hfa has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 56,211 Advair hfa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Advair hfa and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Advair hfa *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Advair hfa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Advair hfa *:
- Humira: 3 people, 42.86%
- Vicodin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Ventolin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Percocet: 3 people, 42.86%
- Zyrtec: 2 people, 28.57%
- Fosamax Plus D: 2 people, 28.57%
- Nuvigil: 2 people, 28.57%
- Nexium: 2 people, 28.57%
- Myrbetriq: 2 people, 28.57%
- Mevacor: 2 people, 28.57%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 57.14%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 4 people, 57.14%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 42.86%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 42.86%
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 42.86%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 42.86%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 42.86%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 28.57%
- Musculoskeletal Chest Pain (pain in chest muscle or nerve or bones): 2 people, 28.57%
- Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall): 2 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 28.57%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 28.57%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 28.57%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2 people, 28.57%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 14.29%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 14.29%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Advair hfa and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Advair hfa:
- Advair hfa (56,211 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate (the active ingredients of Advair hfa) and Advair hfa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Acetaminophen and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Abnormal - 15 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Sensitivity Of Teeth - 23 seconds ago
- Nuvaring and Hyperhidrosis - 38 seconds ago
- Gastric Disorder and Aspartate Aminotransferase Abnormal - 39 seconds ago
- Calcium Metabolism Disorder and Dysaesthesia - 40 seconds ago