Afinitor and Oesophageal carcinoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oesophageal carcinoma is reported only by a few people who take Afinitor.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Afinitor and have Oesophageal carcinoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,807 people who have side effects while taking Afinitor from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39,807 people reported to have side effects when taking Afinitor.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Oesophageal carcinoma.
What is Afinitor?
Afinitor has active ingredients of everolimus. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. eHealthMe is studying from 39,878 Afinitor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oesophageal carcinoma?
Oesophageal carcinoma (cancer tumour of oesophagus) is found to be associated with 759 drugs and 388 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Afinitor and Oesophageal carcinoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Afinitor when people have Oesophageal carcinoma *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Oesophageal carcinoma when taking Afinitor *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Oesophageal carcinoma when taking Afinitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Afinitor *:
- Exemestane: 2 people, 50.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 25.00%
- Paxil: 1 person, 25.00%
- Olmetec: 1 person, 25.00%
- Nexavar: 1 person, 25.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 25.00%
- Kadian: 1 person, 25.00%
- Enbrel: 1 person, 25.00%
- Celebrex: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Oesophageal carcinoma *:
- Oesophageal Stenosis (narrowing of oesophagus): 2 people, 50.00%
- Gastrointestinal Perforation (hole in the digestive tract): 2 people, 50.00%
- Vitreous Haemorrhage (intraocular (inside the eye) bleeding): 1 person, 25.00%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 1 person, 25.00%
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth): 1 person, 25.00%
- Staphylococcal Infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria): 1 person, 25.00%
- Platelet Count Increased: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lung Disorder (lung disease): 1 person, 25.00%
- Gamma-Glutamyltransferase Increased: 1 person, 25.00%
- Death: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Diabetes: 2 people, 50.00%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Afinitor and have Oesophageal carcinoma?Check whether Oesophageal carcinoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Oesophageal carcinoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of everolimus:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Afinitor:
- Afinitor (39,878 reports)
Common Afinitor side effects:
- Death: 5,716 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,180 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,836 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,776 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,725 reports
- Pneumonia: 2,409 reports
Browse all side effects of Afinitor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Oesophageal carcinoma treatments and more:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (33,075 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Zantac: 18,962 reports
- Ranitidine: 8,936 reports
- Nexium: 245 reports
- Omeprazole: 199 reports
- Prednisolone: 172 reports
- Methotrexate: 170 reports
- Prednisone: 162 reports
- Humira: 148 reports
- Clozaril: 136 reports
- Enbrel: 125 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (759 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Indigestion: 15,098 reports
- Gastric ulcer: 1,508 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 271 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 175 reports
- High blood pressure: 171 reports
- Osteoporosis: 156 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (388 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on everolimus (the active ingredients of Afinitor) and Afinitor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Urine Odor Abnormal in Plavix, how severe and when it was recovered? - now
- Omeprazole and Bupropion Hydrochloride drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Captopril and Clonidine drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Lo Loestrin Fe and Topamax drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Endep and Stress And Anxiety - 8 seconds ago
- Serevent and Enlarged Prostate - 12 seconds ago
- Elidel and Hair Loss - 13 seconds ago
- Barley and Fatigue - 13 seconds ago
- Sleep Walking and drugs of ingredients of isoniazid - 16 seconds ago
- Korlym and Hyperkalemia - 16 seconds ago