Afinitor and Wasting - from FDA reports
Wasting is found among people who take Afinitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Neuroendocrine tumor. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,192 people who have side effects when taking Afinitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
26,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Afinitor.
Among them, 13 people (0.05%) have Wasting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Afinitor when people have Wasting *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Wasting when taking Afinitor *:
- female: 38.46 %
- male: 61.54 %
Age of people who have Wasting when taking Afinitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 44.44 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neuroendocrine Tumor: 4 people, 30.77%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 7.69%
- Renal Neoplasm (kidney tumour): 1 person, 7.69%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 7.69%
- Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor: 1 person, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 3 people, 23.08%
- Metoclopramide: 2 people, 15.38%
- Aromasin: 2 people, 15.38%
- Lenvima: 2 people, 15.38%
- Oxycontin: 2 people, 15.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 46.15%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 6 people, 46.15%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 4 people, 30.77%
- Weakness: 4 people, 30.77%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 30.77%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Wasting while taking Afinitor?
You are not alone:
Afinitor has active ingredients of everolimus. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Afinitor 26,256 users)
Wasting (disease causes muscle and fat tissue to ""waste"" away) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,592 Wasting patients).
Drugs that are associated with WastingWasting (1,764 drugs)
Could your condition cause WastingWasting (1,389 conditions)
Afinitor side effects
- Afinitor side effects (26,204 reports)
Browse all side effects of Afinitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Tendinitis with Metformin? - now
- Will you have Gynecomastia with Ranitidine? - now
- Yashti-Madhuka and Yeast-Derived Beta Glucan drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Robinul Forte drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Irritability with Pentoxifylline? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 17 year old boy who takes Nexium 24hr, Prednisone, Amoxil - 54 minutes ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Lysine, Prozac - an hour ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Olmesartan Medoxomil, Cetirizine Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Biotin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Prozac - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.