Who have Wasting with Afinitor - from FDA reports
Wasting is found among people who take Afinitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Neuroendocrine tumor. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,445 people who have side effects when taking Afinitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
27,445 people reported to have side effects when taking Afinitor.
Among them, 14 people (0.05%) have Wasting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Afinitor when people have Wasting *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Wasting when taking Afinitor *:
- female: 42.86 %
- male: 57.14 %
Age of people who have Wasting when taking Afinitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 44.44 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neuroendocrine Tumor: 5 people, 35.71%
- Pain: 2 people, 14.29%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 2 people, 14.29%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 14.29%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 7.14%
- Renal Neoplasm (kidney tumour): 1 person, 7.14%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 7.14%
- Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor: 1 person, 7.14%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 1 person, 7.14%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 3 people, 21.43%
- Metoclopramide: 2 people, 14.29%
- Aromasin: 2 people, 14.29%
- Lenvima: 2 people, 14.29%
- Lasix: 2 people, 14.29%
- Oxycontin: 2 people, 14.29%
- Flomax: 1 person, 7.14%
- Levaquin: 1 person, 7.14%
- Lescol: 1 person, 7.14%
- Lantus: 1 person, 7.14%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 6 people, 42.86%
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 42.86%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 35.71%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5 people, 35.71%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 35.71%
- Weakness: 4 people, 28.57%
- Malignant Neoplasm Progression (cancer tumour came back): 4 people, 28.57%
- Injection Site Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Gait Disturbance: 4 people, 28.57%
- Death: 3 people, 21.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Wasting while taking Afinitor?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Afinitor and have Wasting
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Afinitor has active ingredients of everolimus. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Afinitor 27,509 users)
Wasting (disease causes muscle and fat tissue to ""waste"" away) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,875 Wasting patients).
Drugs that are associated with WastingWasting (1,810 drugs)
Could your condition cause WastingWasting (1,390 conditions)
Afinitor side effects
- Afinitor side effects (27,457 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Afinitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Blood Alcohol Increased with Xanax? - now
- Will you have Rapid Heart Beat with Luvox? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Fast Heart Rate with Luvox? - 3 seconds ago
- Propofol and Intuniv drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Heart Rate Increased with Luvox? - 3 seconds ago
- Endep and Obredon drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Girls aged 0-1 who have Ear Surgery - Cosmetic with Factrel - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Decreased with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Oedema Peripheral with Doxepin Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Anaemia with Fosrenol? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Klonopin, Prozac, Wellbutrin Xl - 46 minutes ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Clonidine, Singulair, Butrans, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Cialis, Flomax - an hour ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Irbesartan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Janumet, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Amlodipine, Metoprolol Tartrate, Omeprazole, Glyburide, Simvastatin, Aspirin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Meloxicam, Hydroxyzine, Vyvanse, Zoloft, Topiramate, Suboxone, Adderall - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Lipitor, Xarelto, Doxy 100 - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Famotidine, Wellbutrin Xl - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Arginine - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Lamotrigine - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 90 year old woman who takes Namenda - 8 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.