Afinitor and Wasting - from FDA reports
Wasting is found among people who take Afinitor, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Neoplasm malignant. This review analyzes which people have Wasting with Afinitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,759 people who have side effects when taking Afinitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
20,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Afinitor.
Among them, 7 people (0.03%) have Wasting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Afinitor when people have Wasting *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Wasting when taking Afinitor *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Wasting when taking Afinitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 20 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 14.29%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 1 person, 14.29%
- Pain: 1 person, 14.29%
- Neuroendocrine Tumor: 1 person, 14.29%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 1 person, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 3 people, 42.86%
- Aromasin: 2 people, 28.57%
- Oxycontin: 2 people, 28.57%
- Metoclopramide: 2 people, 28.57%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 3 people, 42.86%
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 42.86%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 3 people, 42.86%
- Tumor: 3 people, 42.86%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 42.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Wasting
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Wasting in Afinitor
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Afinitor and Wasting
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Afinitor has active ingredients of everolimus. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Afinitor 20,823 users)
Wasting (disease causes muscle and fat tissue to ""waste"" away) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 8,693 Wasting patients).
Drugs that are associated with WastingWasting (1,326 drugs)
Could your condition cause WastingWasting (1,376 conditions)
Afinitor side effects
- Afinitor side effects (20,771 reports)
Browse all side effects of Afinitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Afinitor and have Wasting
- Support group for people who have Wasting
- Support group for people who take Afinitor
You may be interested in these posts
- On afinitor 2 months, now ct scan shows mets to the liver. Started the battle with breast ca 1991 always bones ONLY until started afinitor. Onc does not believe drug can cause it. Hard to accept this. Why would anyone Rx this drug knowing the stats and risks.
- Husband has stage prostate cancer with bone mets.
- Hello fellow warriors. I have been battling breast cancer in spurts since 1991. First round treatment - small tumor r. breast, lumpectomy, 8 mos intense chemo, 6 weeks radiation, 5 yeas tamoxifen. Told I was cured and don't come back. In 2014 discovered breast cancer had returned as...
- Hello, I am Susan and started talking Afinitor for metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer in Feb 2017. I am a younger adult and live in Wisconsin.
- Hi I have been taking Afinitor for 3 months. No major problems... Just this metalic taste when eating...any advice please. Mary
- Will you have Pain - Abdomen with Aloxi?
- Bactrim and Accolate drug interaction
- Will you have Fatigue with Vancomycin Hydrochloride?
- What to expect when you take Simvastatin and have Nerve Root Injury?
- Will you have Blood Triglycerides Increased with Prozac?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Aloxi and have Pain - Abdomen?
- Support group for people who take Bactrim and Accolate
- Support group for people who take Vancomycin Hydrochloride and have Fatigue?
- Support group for people who take Prozac and have Blood Triglycerides Increased?
- Support group for people who take Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim and have Neck Stiffness?
- I reported that my leg swelled up after I took Cefuroxime Axetil. Why isn't it in here? It still...
- Hi I am using zolpidem for app 5 years, but developed BMS 2 years ago. Struggling with extreme...
- I read some wear proypylene glycol was invented in the 60's for boiler pipe cleaning . Now used in...
- My self in my opinion I would never take miralax with polyethylene glycol or glycol . Trying to...
- Sorry to hear about your problem . I too have had the brown discharge from my penis . Being a male...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.