Afinitor and Zygomycosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Zygomycosis is reported only by a few people who take Afinitor.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Afinitor and have Zygomycosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,807 people who have side effects while taking Afinitor from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39,807 people reported to have side effects when taking Afinitor.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Zygomycosis.
What is Afinitor?
Afinitor has active ingredients of everolimus. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. eHealthMe is studying from 39,878 Afinitor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zygomycosis?
Zygomycosis (an infection caused by fungus) is found to be associated with 639 drugs and 602 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Afinitor and Zygomycosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Zygomycosis when taking Afinitor *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Zygomycosis when taking Afinitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Afinitor *:
- Vancomycin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cytarabine: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Zygomycosis *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 100.00%
- Urine Output - Decreased: 2 people, 100.00%
- Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (sudden failure of the respiratory (breathing) system): 2 people, 100.00%
- Bone Marrow Failure: 2 people, 100.00%
- Confusional State: 2 people, 100.00%
- Coughing Up Blood: 2 people, 100.00%
- Enterovesical Fistula: 2 people, 100.00%
- Febrile Infection (infection with temperature rise): 2 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 100.00%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Afinitor and have Zygomycosis?Check whether Zygomycosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Zygomycosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of everolimus:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Afinitor:
- Afinitor (39,878 reports)
Common Afinitor side effects:
- Death: 5,716 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,180 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,836 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,776 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,725 reports
- Pneumonia: 2,409 reports
Browse all side effects of Afinitor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Zygomycosis treatments and more:
- Zygomycosis (3,968 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Zygomycosis:
- Zygomycosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Zygomycosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Zygomycosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Zygomycosis:
- Tacrolimus: 608 reports
- Prednisone: 501 reports
- Mycophenolate mofetil: 487 reports
- Methotrexate: 371 reports
- Prednisolone: 347 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 321 reports
- Voriconazole: 311 reports
- Amphotericin b: 289 reports
- Cytarabine: 282 reports
- Fluconazole: 281 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Zygomycosis:
- Zygomycosis (639 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Zygomycosis:
- Immunodeficiency disorders: 190 reports
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all): 171 reports
- Kidney transplant: 129 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Zygomycosis:
- Zygomycosis (602 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on everolimus (the active ingredients of Afinitor) and Afinitor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Actifed and Hyzaar drug interaction - now
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Stroke and Bleeding Disorders - 7 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen and Morton'S Neuroma - 12 seconds ago
- Atorvastatin Calcium and Limb Deformity - 12 seconds ago
- Sulfamethoxazole and Oesophageal Spasm - 19 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Apple Cider Vinegar drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - 25 seconds ago
- Ortho Evra and Gallbladder Disease - 29 seconds ago
- Modafinil and Ribavirin drug interaction - 30 seconds ago