Aimovig and Rickets - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 44,890 people who have side effects when taking Aimovig. Rickets is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, also take Vitamin d3 and have Narcolepsy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aimovig and have Rickets. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
44,890 people reported to have side effects when taking Aimovig.
Among them, 12 people (0.03%) have Rickets.
What is Aimovig?
Aimovig has active ingredients of erenumab-aooe. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 44,967 Aimovig users.
What is Rickets?
Rickets (softening of bones) is found to be associated with 2,185 drugs and 1,412 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 28,843 people who have Rickets.
Number of Aimovig and Rickets reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rickets when taking Aimovig *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Rickets when taking Aimovig *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 40 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 20 %
Common drugs people take besides Aimovig *:
- Xyrem: 6 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin D3: 6 people, 50.00%
- Promethazine: 4 people, 33.33%
- Ondansetron: 3 people, 25.00%
- Adderall: 3 people, 25.00%
- Baclofen: 3 people, 25.00%
- Topamax: 3 people, 25.00%
- Maxalt: 3 people, 25.00%
- Mirena: 2 people, 16.67%
- Miralax: 2 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Rickets *:
- Migraine (headache): 6 people, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 50.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 41.67%
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 33.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 4 people, 33.33%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 33.33%
- Indigestion: 4 people, 33.33%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 4 people, 33.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 25.00%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 3 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 6 people, 50.00%
- Migraine (headache): 5 people, 41.67%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 5 people, 41.67%
- Pain: 2 people, 16.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 16.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 16.67%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 16.67%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 16.67%
- Cluster Headache (one-sided head pain with tearing): 2 people, 16.67%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aimovig and have Rickets?Check whether Rickets is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Aimovig side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Aimovig side effects (44,967 reports)
Rickets treatments and more:
- Rickets (28,843 reports)
Common drugs associated with Rickets:
- Fosamax: 2,821 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 1,173 reports
- Truvada: 900 reports
- Aspirin: 820 reports
- Vitamin d: 808 reports
- Prednisone: 697 reports
- Vitamins: 685 reports
- Nexium: 652 reports
- Humira: 622 reports
- Atripla: 604 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Rickets:
- Rickets (2,185 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rickets:
- Osteoporosis: 2,581 reports
- Hiv infection: 1,064 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 947 reports
- High blood pressure: 792 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 719 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 669 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Rickets:
- Rickets (1,412 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on erenumab-aooe (the active ingredients of Aimovig) and Aimovig (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lupron Depot and Dry Skin - 9 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Lung Disorder - 17 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Biopsy Liver Abnormal - 20 seconds ago
- Sulfamethoxazole and Pleural Effusion - 23 seconds ago
- Gentamicin and Haemorrhoids Aggravated - 23 seconds ago
- Vimpat and Boniva drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Marijuana and Metabolic Acidosis - 43 seconds ago
- Myfortic and Pneumonia Aspiration - 44 seconds ago
- Jakafi and Urine Analysis Abnormal - 51 seconds ago
- Carvedilol and Purpura - 55 seconds ago