Will you have Visual field defect with Akineton - from FDA reports
Visual field defect is found among people who take Akineton, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar i disorder. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,934 people who have side effects when taking Akineton from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on biperiden hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Akineton) and Akineton (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Visual field defect are also considered in the study.
What is Akineton?
Akineton has active ingredients of biperiden hydrochloride. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Akineton 4,968 users)
What is Visual field defect?
Visual field defect has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, erection problems, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 6,259 Visual field defect patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
4,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Akineton.
Among them, 8 people (0.16%) have Visual field defect
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Akineton when people have Visual field defect *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Visual field defect when taking Akineton *:
- female: 87.5 %
- male: 12.5 %
Age of people who have Visual field defect when taking Akineton *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 80 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 25.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 25.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 25.00%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 2 people, 25.00%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 12.50%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 12.50%
- Angiodysplasia (small vascular malformation of the gut): 1 person, 12.50%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 12.50%
- Adverse Event: 1 person, 12.50%
- Adverse Drug Reaction: 1 person, 12.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa: 4 people, 50.00%
- Halcion: 2 people, 25.00%
- Seroquel: 2 people, 25.00%
- Norvasc: 2 people, 25.00%
- Mirtazapine: 2 people, 25.00%
- Micardis: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fluvoxamine Maleate: 2 people, 25.00%
- Avonex: 1 person, 12.50%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 12.50%
- Effexor: 1 person, 12.50%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Asphyxia (a condition in which there is an extreme decrease in the concentration of oxygen in the body): 3 people, 37.50%
- Death: 3 people, 37.50%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life): 2 people, 25.00%
- Gamma-Glutamyltransferase Increased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fibrin D Dimer Increased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Vision Blurred: 2 people, 25.00%
- Face Oedema (swelling of face): 2 people, 25.00%
- Eyelid Oedema (eyelids are swollen and contain excessive fluid): 2 people, 25.00%
- Eosinophil Count Increased: 2 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Visual field defect while taking Akineton?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Visual field defect
- Subscribe to monitor Visual field defect in Akineton
- Subscribe to monitor Akineton
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Akineton and have Visual field defect
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Visual field defectVisual field defect (1,212 drugs)
Could your condition cause Visual field defectVisual field defect (858 conditions)
Akineton side effects
- Akineton side effects (4,935 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Akinetona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Akineton with similar drugs
- Akineton vs. Amantadine hydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Aricept
- Akineton vs. Artane
- Akineton vs. Azilect
- Akineton vs. Baclofen
- Akineton vs. Bi-sifrol
- Akineton vs. Bromocriptine mesylate
- Akineton vs. Carbidopa
- Akineton vs. Carbidopa and levodopa
- Akineton vs. Carbidopa; levodopa; entacapone
- Akineton vs. Carbilev
- Akineton vs. Clonazepam
- Akineton vs. Cogentin
- Akineton vs. Comtan
- Akineton vs. Coq10
- Akineton vs. Cymbalta
- Akineton vs. Donepezil
- Akineton vs. Dopamine hydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Dopar
- Akineton vs. Eldepryl
- Akineton vs. Emsam
- Akineton vs. Entacapone
- Akineton vs. Lexapro
- Akineton vs. Lipitor
- Akineton vs. Mirapex
- Akineton vs. Mirapex er
- Akineton vs. Namenda
- Akineton vs. Neupro
- Akineton vs. Pramipexole dihydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Propranolol hydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Requip
- Akineton vs. Requip xl
- Akineton vs. Ropinirole hydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Selegiline hydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Sinemet
- Akineton vs. Sinemet cr
- Akineton vs. Stalevo 100
- Akineton vs. Stalevo 125
- Akineton vs. Stalevo 150
- Akineton vs. Stalevo 200
- Akineton vs. Stalevo 50
- Akineton vs. Stalevo 75
- Akineton vs. Symmetrel
- Akineton vs. Syndopa
- Akineton vs. Syndopa cr
- Akineton vs. Trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride
- Akineton vs. Vitamin d
- Akineton vs. Zelapar
- Akineton vs. Zoloft
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Paroxetine and Kalydeco drug interaction - now
- Magnesium and Dalchini drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Sexual Dysfunction with Sang? - a second ago
- Clonidine Hydrochloride and Milk Thistle drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Cardura vs. Tenormin - 4 seconds ago
- Avelox and Harada drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Postherpetic Neuralgia with Alcohol? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Nerve Pain with Alcohol? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Neuralgia with Alcohol? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Eosinophilia with Methylprednisolone? - 9 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Ativan for a 46 year old woman - 22 minutes ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Labetalol Hydrocloride - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Prednisolone Acetate, Azithromycin, Omeprazole for a 53 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Vitamin B12 - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Depakote for a 36 year old man - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Benlysta, Plaquenil, Cellcept - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 16 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Buprenorphine Hydrochloride; Naloxone Hydrochloride - 17 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin Chloride - 18 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.