Alavert and Smell - impaired - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Smell - impaired is reported only by a few people who take Alavert.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alavert and have Smell - impaired. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,801 people who have side effects while taking Alavert from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,801 people reported to have side effects when taking Alavert.
Among them, 3 people (0.17%) have Smell - impaired.
What is Alavert?
Alavert has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 1,996 Alavert users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Smell - impaired?
Smell - impaired is found to be associated with 1,556 drugs and 1,052 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alavert and Smell - impaired reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Smell - impaired when taking Alavert *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Smell - impaired when taking Alavert *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 66.67 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Alavert *:
- Premarin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 66.67%
- Albuterol Sulfate: 2 people, 66.67%
- Advair Diskus 100/50: 2 people, 66.67%
- Paxil: 1 person, 33.33%
- Ocrevus: 1 person, 33.33%
- Mucinex: 1 person, 33.33%
- Magnesium: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Smell - impaired *:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 2 people, 66.67%
- Nasal Septum Deviation (deviated nasal septum): 2 people, 66.67%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 66.67%
- Drug Administration Error: 2 people, 66.67%
- Cough: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ageusia (loss of taste functions of the tongue): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Asthma: 2 people, 66.67%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 33.33%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 33.33%
- Muscle Spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles): 1 person, 33.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 33.33%
- Depression: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alavert and have Smell - impaired?Check whether Smell - impaired is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Smell - impaired and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of loratadine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alavert:
- Alavert (1,996 reports)
Common Alavert side effects:
- Dizziness: 107 reports
- Drug ineffective: 355 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 101 reports
- High blood pressure: 108 reports
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 109 reports
Browse all side effects of Alavert:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Smell - impaired treatments and more:
- Smell - impaired (13,362 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Smell - impaired:
- Smell - impaired in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Smell - impaired in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Smell - impaired in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Smell - impaired:
All the drugs that are associated with Smell - impaired:
- Smell - impaired (1,556 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Smell - impaired:
All the conditions that are associated with Smell - impaired:
- Smell - impaired (1,052 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on loratadine (the active ingredients of Alavert) and Alavert (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lipitor and Parapsoriasis - 9 seconds ago
- Retin-A and Stress And Anxiety - 26 seconds ago
- Tranxene and Gun Shot Wound - 39 seconds ago
- Diovan Hct and Gabapentin drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Novolog Mix 70/30 vs. Tresiba - 46 seconds ago
- Biotin and Loraz drug interaction - a minute ago
- Suboxone and Zosyn drug interaction - a minute ago
- Temazepam and Treximet drug interaction - a minute ago
- Celebrex and Temperature Intolerance - a minute ago
- Sickle Cell Anemia and High Blood Cholesterol - 2 minutes ago