Albenza and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Albenza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Klonopin, and have Neurocysticercosis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 293 people who have side effects when taking Albenza from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and find Care Guides (see testimonials).
293 people reported to have side effects when taking Albenza.
Among them, 8 people (2.73%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Albenza when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Albenza *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Albenza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 25 %
- 10-19: 25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neurocysticercosis (cysts in the functional part of the brain): 2 people, 25.00%
- Pinworms: 1 person, 12.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Klonopin: 2 people, 25.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Are you new to Albenza or have questions?
On eHealthMe, Care Guides are people who "have been there". Many of them have been living or working with a drug, a condition, or both for a long time and gained substantial experience. Follow a Care Guide below to get answers between doctor visits, and guidance in everyday life.>
Volunteer or get paid to help people with your care experience
Do you have Death while taking Albenza?
Albenza has active ingredients of albendazole. (latest outcomes from Albenza 305 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 472,046 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,316 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,513 conditions)
Albenza side effects
- Albenza side effects (293 reports)
Browse all side effects of Albenzaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
- Zoloft and Madecassol drug interaction
- Will you have Weight Above Normal with Tylenol?
- Will you have Obstetric Infection with Tabasco Pepper?
- Will you have Pneumonia with Harvoni?
- Will you have Community-Acquired Pneumonia with Harvoni?
- Will you have Bronchopneumonia with Harvoni?
- Will you have Pneumonitis with Harvoni?
- Will you have Prostatodynia with Myasthenia Gravis?
- Will you have Drug Screen False Positive with Sudafed 24 Hour?
- Will you have Periodic Disease with Opdivo?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.