Albuterol sulfate and Conjunctivitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Conjunctivitis is found among people who take Albuterol sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Albuterol sulfate and have Conjunctivitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44,972 people who have side effects when taking Albuterol sulfate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
44,972 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol sulfate.
Among them, 83 people (0.18%) have Conjunctivitis.
What is Albuterol sulfate?
Albuterol sulfate has active ingredients of albuterol sulfate. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 45,921 Albuterol sulfate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis (pink eye) is found to be associated with 2,052 drugs and 1,535 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Albuterol sulfate and Conjunctivitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Conjunctivitis when taking Albuterol sulfate *:
- female: 72 %
- male: 28 %
Age of people who have Conjunctivitis when taking Albuterol sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8.89 %
- 10-19: 8.89 %
- 20-29: 6.67 %
- 30-39: 8.89 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 8.89 %
- 60+: 35.56 %
Common drugs people take besides Albuterol sulfate *:
- Dupixent: 28 people, 33.73%
- Singulair: 24 people, 28.92%
- Advair Hfa: 16 people, 19.28%
- Proair Hfa: 14 people, 16.87%
- Synthroid: 14 people, 16.87%
- Breo Ellipta: 13 people, 15.66%
- Prednisone: 13 people, 15.66%
- Spiriva: 11 people, 13.25%
- Acetaminophen: 10 people, 12.05%
- Levaquin: 10 people, 12.05%
Common side effects people have besides Conjunctivitis *:
- Pain: 26 people, 31.33%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 20 people, 24.10%
- Cough: 20 people, 24.10%
- Dizziness: 20 people, 24.10%
- Diarrhea: 16 people, 19.28%
- Chest Pain: 15 people, 18.07%
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 14 people, 16.87%
- Ocular Hyperaemia (an abnormally large amount of blood in eye): 14 people, 16.87%
- Weakness: 14 people, 16.87%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 14 people, 16.87%
Common conditions people have *:
- Dermatitis Atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder): 15 people, 18.07%
- Hypersensitivity: 9 people, 10.84%
- Pain: 8 people, 9.64%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 9.64%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 7 people, 8.43%
- Bone Loss: 7 people, 8.43%
- Dizziness: 7 people, 8.43%
- Fungal Nail Infection: 7 people, 8.43%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 8.43%
- Incontinence (lack of moderation or self-control): 7 people, 8.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Albuterol sulfate and have Conjunctivitis?Check whether Conjunctivitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Conjunctivitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of albuterol sulfate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Albuterol sulfate:
- Albuterol sulfate (45,921 reports)
Common Albuterol sulfate side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 4,563 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,024 reports
- Asthma: 2,988 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,505 reports
- Pneumonia: 2,401 reports
- Cough: 2,303 reports
- Pain: 2,135 reports
Browse all side effects of Albuterol sulfate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Conjunctivitis treatments and more:
- Conjunctivitis (18,084 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Conjunctivitis:
- Conjunctivitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Conjunctivitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Conjunctivitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Conjunctivitis:
- Dupixent: 2,868 reports
- Prednisone: 1,079 reports
- Methotrexate: 851 reports
- Enbrel: 658 reports
- Humira: 652 reports
- Aspirin: 583 reports
- Pantoprazole: 502 reports
- Omeprazole: 461 reports
- Fosamax: 443 reports
- Ibuprofen: 442 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Conjunctivitis:
- Conjunctivitis (2,052 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Conjunctivitis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,144 reports
- High blood pressure: 586 reports
- Asthma: 531 reports
- Osteoporosis: 432 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Conjunctivitis:
- Conjunctivitis (1,535 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on albuterol sulfate (the active ingredients of Albuterol sulfate) and Albuterol sulfate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zyprexa Zydis vs. Phentermine - 14 seconds ago
- E-Mycin and Ear Pain - 23 seconds ago
- Insulin and Bactrim Ds drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Marinol vs. Carbamazepine - 43 seconds ago
- Midamor and Prograf drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Abasia - 47 seconds ago
- Nerve Injury and Weight Increased - a minute ago
- Entresto and Vitamin D2 drug interaction - a minute ago
- Periostat and Consciousness - Decreased - a minute ago
- Benadryl and Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - a minute ago