Albuterol sulfate and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Albuterol Sulfate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Albuterol sulfate and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 31,548 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol sulfate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
31,548 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol sulfate.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Albuterol sulfate?
Albuterol sulfate has active ingredients of albuterol sulfate. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 32,482 Albuterol sulfate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Albuterol sulfate and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Albuterol sulfate *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Albuterol sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 75 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Albuterol sulfate *:
- Formoterol Fumarate: 3 people, 75.00%
- Singulair: 3 people, 75.00%
- Budesonide: 3 people, 75.00%
- Zestril: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lovastatin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lopressor: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lidex: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 25.00%
- Keflex: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Allergic Granulomatous Angiitis (allergic inflammation of a blood vessel or lymph duct): 3 people, 75.00%
- Burning Sensation: 3 people, 75.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 3 people, 75.00%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 2 people, 50.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 50.00%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 2 people, 50.00%
- Drug Intolerance (drug sensitivity): 2 people, 50.00%
- Confusion: 2 people, 50.00%
- Fibrosis (formation of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ or tissue): 1 person, 25.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Albuterol sulfate and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Albuterol sulfate:
- Albuterol sulfate (32,482 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of albuterol sulfate:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on albuterol sulfate (the active ingredients of Albuterol sulfate) and Albuterol sulfate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.