Albuterol and Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Hypersensitivity. This review analyzes which people have Anaphylaxis with Albuterol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 82,512 people who have side effects when taking Albuterol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
82,512 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol.
Among them, 742 people (0.9%) have Anaphylaxis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Albuterol when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 84.62 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.69 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 7.69 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol *:
- female: 72.94 %
- male: 27.06 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol *:
- 0-1: 0.67 %
- 2-9: 5.88 %
- 10-19: 7.06 %
- 20-29: 7.23 %
- 30-39: 10.25 %
- 40-49: 21.51 %
- 50-59: 20.17 %
- 60+: 27.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity (71 people, 9.57%)
- High Blood Pressure (47 people, 6.33%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (46 people, 6.20%)
- Pain (33 people, 4.45%)
- Allergic Rhinitis (33 people, 4.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (214 people, 28.84%)
- Xolair (209 people, 28.17%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (125 people, 16.85%)
- Zyrtec (101 people, 13.61%)
- Spiriva (80 people, 10.78%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (121 people, 16.31%)
- Rashes (72 people, 9.70%)
- Chest Pain (68 people, 9.16%)
- Itching (66 people, 8.89%)
- Urticaria (59 people, 7.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol?
- Check symptoms - is anaphylaxis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAnaphylaxis and drugs with ingredients of albuterol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAnaphylaxis and Albuterol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Albuterol 83,721 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care (latest reports from 44,956 Anaphylaxis patients).
Browse all side effects of Albuterola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
Could your condition cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I took Avelox and within about 15 minutes went into anaphylactic shock. I first had itchy, burning eyes and went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were so red I looked like the devil! At that point my arms and legs were itching and I noticed they were very swollen. I ...
After anaphylaxis 9 months ago, have lost most of my teeth by decay at root and crowns fracturing off. Im 67 and poor with no dental ins. Cannot eat, constant fever and swollen glands. My dental health was good prior to respiratory arrest and life support. Any help out there?