Albuterol and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Albuterol and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 120,258 people who have side effects when taking Albuterol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
120,258 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol.
Among them, 14 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Albuterol?
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 121,891 Albuterol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Albuterol and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Albuterol *:
- female: 53.85 %
- male: 46.15 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Albuterol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Common drugs people take besides Albuterol *:
- Azmacort: 7 people, 50.00%
- Fosamax: 7 people, 50.00%
- Vicodin: 5 people, 35.71%
- Ventolin: 5 people, 35.71%
- Mevacor: 5 people, 35.71%
- Serevent: 5 people, 35.71%
- Plendil: 4 people, 28.57%
- Claritin: 4 people, 28.57%
- Folic Acid: 4 people, 28.57%
- Lipitor: 4 people, 28.57%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 64.29%
- Depression: 9 people, 64.29%
- Back Pain: 8 people, 57.14%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 8 people, 57.14%
- Fracture Nonunion (permanent failure of healing following a broken bone): 7 people, 50.00%
- Femur Fracture: 7 people, 50.00%
- Fall: 7 people, 50.00%
- Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall): 7 people, 50.00%
- Joint Pain: 6 people, 42.86%
- Pain: 6 people, 42.86%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 50.00%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 4 people, 28.57%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 21.43%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 21.43%
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 2 people, 14.29%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 14.29%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 7.14%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 7.14%
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 1 person, 7.14%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Albuterol and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Albuterol:
- Albuterol (121,891 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of albuterol:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on albuterol (the active ingredients of Albuterol) and Albuterol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Acetaminophen and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Abnormal - 15 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Sensitivity Of Teeth - 23 seconds ago
- Nuvaring and Hyperhidrosis - 38 seconds ago
- Gastric Disorder and Aspartate Aminotransferase Abnormal - 39 seconds ago
- Calcium Metabolism Disorder and Dysaesthesia - 40 seconds ago