Aldactone and Angina unstable - from FDA reports
Angina unstable is found among people who take Aldactone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Stable angina. This review analyzes which people have Angina unstable with Aldactone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,521 people who have side effects when taking Aldactone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
30,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Aldactone.
Among them, 94 people (0.31%) have Angina unstable
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aldactone when people have Angina unstable *:
- < 1 month: 60 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Angina unstable when taking Aldactone *:
- female: 43.48 %
- male: 56.52 %
Age of people who have Angina unstable when taking Aldactone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.6 %
- 50-59: 15.58 %
- 60+: 81.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stable Angina (26 people, 27.66%)
- Arthritis (15 people, 15.96%)
- Arrhythmias (15 people, 15.96%)
- Multiple Myeloma (14 people, 14.89%)
- Depression (14 people, 14.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (41 people, 43.62%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 35.11%)
- Spironolactone (32 people, 34.04%)
- Plavix (32 people, 34.04%)
- Lipitor (29 people, 30.85%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (50 people, 53.19%)
- Coronary Heart Disease (39 people, 41.49%)
- Stress And Anxiety (35 people, 37.23%)
- Pain (33 people, 35.11%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (32 people, 34.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Angina unstable when taking Aldactone?
- Check symptoms - is angina unstable caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAngina unstable and drugs with ingredients of spironolactone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAngina unstable and Aldactone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aldactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Aldactone 31,025 users)
Angina unstable (chest pain due to ischemia of the heart muscle- unstable) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, type 2 diabetes, pain (latest reports from 9,005 Angina unstable patients).
Browse all side effects of Aldactonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Angina unstableAngina unstable
Could your condition cause Angina unstableAngina unstable
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
What has been your experience taking Entresto and Aldactone? There is supposed to be a major interaction taking both together. I'm really concerned because Aldactone raises potassium levels at the same time Entresto warns about excessive potassium intake. Help please?
I've been taking sprionolactone for almost two years. Within 6 months, I complained about snoring, but all my doctor said was, "Have you been evaluated by an ENT?" Nothing about the spironolactone cause excessive snoring. What do you tink?
Cardiologist put me on the generic Aldactone in June because I was losing too much potassium from another BP med. Aldactone is helping me to raise my potassium level. I was taking 20 MEQ of potassium daily and up to 80 now. I have had a lot of stress starting with losing my job last ...