Aldactone and Azotaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Azotaemia is found among people who take Aldactone, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aldactone and have Azotaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,831 people who have side effects when taking Aldactone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
42,831 people reported to have side effects when taking Aldactone.
Among them, 83 people (0.19%) have Azotaemia.
What is Aldactone?
Aldactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 43,449 Aldactone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Azotaemia?
Azotaemia (excess of urea or other nitrogenous compounds in the blood) is found to be associated with 1,172 drugs and 669 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aldactone and Azotaemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Aldactone when people have Azotaemia *:
- < 1 month: 42.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 42.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.29 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Azotaemia when taking Aldactone *:
- female: 48.15 %
- male: 51.85 %
Age of people who have Azotaemia when taking Aldactone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.28 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10.26 %
- 50-59: 46.15 %
- 60+: 42.31 %
Common drugs people take besides Aldactone *:
- Lasix: 52 people, 62.65%
- Coreg: 44 people, 53.01%
- Aranesp: 37 people, 44.58%
- Percocet: 32 people, 38.55%
- Plavix: 31 people, 37.35%
- Morphine: 30 people, 36.14%
- Lexapro: 28 people, 33.73%
- Lisinopril: 28 people, 33.73%
- Spironolactone: 27 people, 32.53%
- Avandia: 24 people, 28.92%
Common side effects people have besides Azotaemia *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 48 people, 57.83%
- Weakness: 37 people, 44.58%
- Stress And Anxiety: 37 people, 44.58%
- Pneumonia: 34 people, 40.96%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 33 people, 39.76%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 33 people, 39.76%
- Pain: 33 people, 39.76%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 32 people, 38.55%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 31 people, 37.35%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 30 people, 36.14%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 9 people, 10.84%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 8.43%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 7 people, 8.43%
- Depression: 6 people, 7.23%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 7.23%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 6 people, 7.23%
- Pain: 6 people, 7.23%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 5 people, 6.02%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 5 people, 6.02%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 5 people, 6.02%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aldactone and have Azotaemia?Check whether Azotaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Azotaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of spironolactone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aldactone:
- Aldactone (43,449 reports)
Common Aldactone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Aldactone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Azotaemia treatments and more:
- Azotaemia (4,696 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Azotaemia:
- Azotaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Azotaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Azotaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Azotaemia:
All the drugs that are associated with Azotaemia:
- Azotaemia (1,172 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Azotaemia:
All the conditions that are associated with Azotaemia:
- Azotaemia (669 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on spironolactone (the active ingredients of Aldactone) and Aldactone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ranitidine and Pertussis - now
- Norco and Burn Infection - now
- Beconase and Rocephin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Midazolam Hydrochloride and Digoxin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Naphazoline Hydrochloride drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- High Blood Cholesterol and Quit Smoking - 12 seconds ago
- Keratitis and Stress And Anxiety - 37 seconds ago
- Hyzaar vs. Potassium - 41 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Inflectra drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Nyquil and Butrans drug interaction - 54 seconds ago