Aldactone and Keloids - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Keloids is reported only by a few people who take Aldactone.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aldactone and have Keloids. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,831 people who have side effects while taking Aldactone from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
42,831 people reported to have side effects when taking Aldactone.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Keloids.
What is Aldactone?
Aldactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 43,449 Aldactone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Keloids?
Keloids (overgrown scars left from skin injuries) is found to be associated with 614 drugs and 431 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aldactone and Keloids reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Keloids when taking Aldactone *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Aldactone *:
- Prilosec: 3 people, 60.00%
- Celebrex: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lasix: 2 people, 40.00%
- Miralax: 2 people, 40.00%
- Coreg: 2 people, 40.00%
- Norvasc: 2 people, 40.00%
- Pravachol: 2 people, 40.00%
- Colace: 2 people, 40.00%
- Adderall: 2 people, 40.00%
- Xyrem: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Keloids *:
- Pain In Extremity: 3 people, 60.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 60.00%
- Rickets (softening of bones): 2 people, 40.00%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 2 people, 40.00%
- Foot Deformity (functional disability of foot): 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 2 people, 40.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 2 people, 40.00%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 40.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 1 person, 20.00%
- Excessive Or Unwanted Hair In Women: 1 person, 20.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aldactone and have Keloids?Check whether Keloids is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Keloids and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of spironolactone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aldactone:
- Aldactone (43,449 reports)
Common Aldactone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Aldactone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Keloids treatments and more:
- Keloids (1,005 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Keloids:
- Keloids in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Keloids in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Keloids in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Keloids:
- Keloids (614 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Keloids:
- Keloids (431 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on spironolactone (the active ingredients of Aldactone) and Aldactone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lodine vs. Tapentadol Hydrochloride - 8 seconds ago
- Serevent and Brain Death - 14 seconds ago
- Stroke and Drug Level Decreased - 17 seconds ago
- Voltaren and Athlete'S Foot - 34 seconds ago
- Humalog and Miconazole 3 Combination Pack drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Ataxia Aggravated and drugs of ingredients of lamotrigine - 45 seconds ago
- Calcium and Emotional Disorder - 46 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Minipress drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Lisinopril vs. Lexapro - 58 seconds ago
- Alphagan P and Cough - a minute ago