Aldactone and Seizure like phenomena - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Seizure like phenomena is found among people who take Aldactone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aldactone and have Seizure like phenomena. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,831 people who have side effects when taking Aldactone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
42,831 people reported to have side effects when taking Aldactone.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Seizure like phenomena.
What is Aldactone?
Aldactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 43,456 Aldactone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Seizure like phenomena?
Seizure like phenomena (a variety of medical conditions may produce sudden episodes which have some similarities to epileptic seizures) is found to be associated with 536 drugs and 296 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aldactone and Seizure like phenomena reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Seizure like phenomena when taking Aldactone *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Seizure like phenomena when taking Aldactone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Aldactone *:
- Zyrtec: 4 people, 66.67%
- Lasix: 4 people, 66.67%
- Celexa: 4 people, 66.67%
- Cephulac: 4 people, 66.67%
- Corgard: 4 people, 66.67%
- Januvia: 4 people, 66.67%
- Opsumit: 4 people, 66.67%
- Viagra: 4 people, 66.67%
- Tyvaso: 2 people, 33.33%
- Trandolapril: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Seizure like phenomena *:
- Consciousness - Decreased: 5 people, 83.33%
- Pneumonia Aspiration (bronchopneumonia that develops due to the entrance of foreign materials into the bronchial tree): 4 people, 66.67%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 4 people, 66.67%
- Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition): 4 people, 66.67%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 4 people, 66.67%
- Upper Limb Fracture: 3 people, 50.00%
- Fall: 3 people, 50.00%
- Viral Infection: 2 people, 33.33%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 33.33%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 4 people, 66.67%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 1 person, 16.67%
- Asthma: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aldactone and have Seizure like phenomena?Check whether Seizure like phenomena is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Seizure like phenomena and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of spironolactone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aldactone:
- Aldactone (43,456 reports)
Common Aldactone side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 3,116 reports
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 2,693 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2,582 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,411 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,247 reports
- Weakness: 2,219 reports
Browse all side effects of Aldactone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Seizure like phenomena treatments and more:
- Seizure like phenomena (1,424 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Seizure like phenomena:
- Seizure like phenomena in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Seizure like phenomena in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Seizure like phenomena in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Seizure like phenomena:
- Seizure like phenomena (536 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Seizure like phenomena:
- Seizure like phenomena (296 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on spironolactone (the active ingredients of Aldactone) and Aldactone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyzine and Irbesartan drug interaction - a second ago
- Nabumetone and Deep Venous Thrombosis - 3 seconds ago
- Brain Herniation and drugs of ingredients of penicillin g benzathine - 3 seconds ago
- Baycol and Consciousness - Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Purpura and drugs of ingredients of aspirin - 6 seconds ago
- Kineret and Bacterial Sepsis - 9 seconds ago
- Glucosamine Hcl and Dehydration - 11 seconds ago
- Biotin and Platelet Disorder - 11 seconds ago
- Mirena and Indigestion - 23 seconds ago
- Baycol and Decreased Activity - 26 seconds ago