Aldara and Essential hypertension - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Essential hypertension is reported only by a few people who take Aldara.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aldara and have Essential hypertension. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,419 people who have side effects while taking Aldara from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,419 people reported to have side effects when taking Aldara.
Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Essential hypertension.
What is Aldara?
Aldara has active ingredients of imiquimod. It is often used in genital warts. eHealthMe is studying from 2,495 Aldara users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Essential hypertension?
Essential hypertension (primary hypertension) is found to be associated with 1,322 drugs and 621 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aldara and Essential hypertension reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Essential hypertension when taking Aldara *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Essential hypertension when taking Aldara *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Aldara *:
- Zometa: 3 people, 100.00%
- Keflex: 3 people, 100.00%
- Gatifloxacin: 3 people, 100.00%
- Gabapentin: 3 people, 100.00%
- Zantac: 3 people, 100.00%
- Folic Acid: 3 people, 100.00%
- Fluocinolone Acetonide: 3 people, 100.00%
- Finasteride: 3 people, 100.00%
- Dovonex: 3 people, 100.00%
- Dexamethasone: 3 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Essential hypertension *:
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 3 people, 100.00%
- Ischaemia (insufficient supply of blood to an organ, usually due to a blocked artery): 3 people, 100.00%
- Diarrhea: 3 people, 100.00%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 3 people, 100.00%
- Electrocardiogram Qrs Complex Prolonged: 3 people, 100.00%
- Emotional Distress: 3 people, 100.00%
- Enlarged Heart: 3 people, 100.00%
- Exostosis (formation of new bone on the surface of a bone): 3 people, 100.00%
- Fall: 3 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 3 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aldara and have Essential hypertension?Check whether Essential hypertension is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Essential hypertension and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of imiquimod:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aldara:
- Aldara (2,495 reports)
Common Aldara side effects:
- Pain: 387 reports
- Itching: 217 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 164 reports
- Rashes (redness): 130 reports
Browse all side effects of Aldara:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Essential hypertension treatments and more:
- Essential hypertension (14,523 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Essential hypertension:
- Essential hypertension in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Essential hypertension in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Essential hypertension in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Essential hypertension:
- Fosamax: 570 reports
- Aspirin: 450 reports
- Lisinopril: 328 reports
- Vioxx: 254 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 249 reports
- Prednisone: 247 reports
- Nexium: 238 reports
- Prilosec: 223 reports
- Omeprazole: 221 reports
- Metformin: 212 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Essential hypertension:
- Essential hypertension (1,322 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Essential hypertension:
- Osteoporosis: 477 reports
- Pain: 229 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 161 reports
- High blood pressure: 138 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 125 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 119 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Essential hypertension:
- Essential hypertension (621 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on imiquimod (the active ingredients of Aldara) and Aldara (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Olanzapine and Efavirenz drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Sildenafil Citrate and Horizant drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Ammonium Chloride and High Blood Pressure - 14 seconds ago
- Simponi Aria and Constipation - 30 seconds ago
- Tivicay and Tremor Aggravated - 33 seconds ago
- Atomoxetine and Panic Disorder - 33 seconds ago
- Lipitor and Perfume Sensitivity - 39 seconds ago
- Captopril and Oseltamivir Phosphate drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Cardiac Failure Acute and Gastritis - 45 seconds ago
- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism - 53 seconds ago