Aldara and Taste disturbance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Taste disturbance is reported only by a few people who take Aldara.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aldara and have Taste disturbance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,419 people who have side effects while taking Aldara from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,419 people reported to have side effects when taking Aldara.
Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Taste disturbance.
What is Aldara?
Aldara has active ingredients of imiquimod. It is often used in genital warts. eHealthMe is studying from 2,495 Aldara users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Taste disturbance?
Taste disturbance is found to be associated with 1,001 drugs and 2 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Aldara and Taste disturbance reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Aldara *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Aldara *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Aldara *:
- Premarin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Celexa: 1 person, 33.33%
- Avapro: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Taste disturbance *:
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 2 people, 66.67%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 33.33%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 1 person, 33.33%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Influenza Like Illness: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 1 person, 33.33%
- Coughing Up Blood: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cough: 1 person, 33.33%
- Bone Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aldara and have Taste disturbance?Check whether Taste disturbance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Taste disturbance and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of imiquimod:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Aldara:
- Aldara (2,495 reports)
Common Aldara side effects:
- Pain: 387 reports
- Itching: 217 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 164 reports
- Rashes (redness): 130 reports
Browse all side effects of Aldara:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Taste disturbance treatments and more:
- Taste disturbance (4,340 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Taste disturbance:
- Biaxin: 334 reports
- Prilosec: 234 reports
- Premarin: 155 reports
- Synthroid: 140 reports
- Lamisil: 126 reports
- Zithromax: 123 reports
- Norvasc: 113 reports
- Prednisone: 111 reports
- Fosamax: 108 reports
- Prevacid: 105 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (1,001 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (2 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on imiquimod (the active ingredients of Aldara) and Aldara (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abilify and Fibrocystic Breast Disease - a second ago
- Propofol and Urine Abnormality - 3 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Rash Erythematous Aggravated - 5 seconds ago
- Rebif and Red Blood Cell Count Decreased - 9 seconds ago
- Cosyntropin and Heart Palpitations - 13 seconds ago
- Buscopan and Fainting - 15 seconds ago
- Requip and Haemarthrosis - 15 seconds ago
- Cimetidine and Vision Blurred - 19 seconds ago
- Imuran and Disease Progression - 29 seconds ago
- Vesicare and Pain - 41 seconds ago