Alendronate sodium and Ear barotrauma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ear barotrauma is found among people who take Alendronate sodium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alendronate sodium and have Ear barotrauma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,457 people who have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
36,457 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium.
Among them, 45 people (0.12%) have Ear barotrauma.
What is Alendronate sodium?
Alendronate sodium has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 37,105 Alendronate sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ear barotrauma?
Ear barotrauma (discomfort and possible damage in the ear due to pressure differences between the inside and outside of the eardrum) is found to be associated with 927 drugs and 564 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alendronate sodium and Ear barotrauma reports submitted per year:
Time on Alendronate sodium when people have Ear barotrauma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 62.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ear barotrauma when taking Alendronate sodium *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Ear barotrauma when taking Alendronate sodium *:
- 0-1: 2.78 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.78 %
- 40-49: 30.56 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 30.56 %
Common drugs people take besides Alendronate sodium *:
- Fosamax: 45 people, 100.00%
- Seroquel: 9 people, 20.00%
- Lexapro: 9 people, 20.00%
- Prednisone: 9 people, 20.00%
- Celebrex: 8 people, 17.78%
- Vitamins: 7 people, 15.56%
- Enbrel: 7 people, 15.56%
- Actonel: 5 people, 11.11%
- Levoxyl: 4 people, 8.89%
- Celexa: 3 people, 6.67%
Common side effects people have besides Ear barotrauma *:
- Femur Fracture: 25 people, 55.56%
- Impaired Healing: 24 people, 53.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 24 people, 53.33%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 23 people, 51.11%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 23 people, 51.11%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 22 people, 48.89%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 22 people, 48.89%
- Joint Pain: 21 people, 46.67%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 20 people, 44.44%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 19 people, 42.22%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bone Density Decreased: 10 people, 22.22%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 10 people, 22.22%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 8 people, 17.78%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 7 people, 15.56%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 15.56%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 7 people, 15.56%
- Inflammation: 7 people, 15.56%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 5 people, 11.11%
- Depression: 3 people, 6.67%
- Postmenopause: 2 people, 4.44%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alendronate sodium and have Ear barotrauma?Check whether Ear barotrauma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Ear barotrauma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alendronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alendronate sodium:
- Alendronate sodium (37,105 reports)
Common Alendronate sodium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Alendronate sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ear barotrauma treatments and more:
- Ear barotrauma (1,366 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ear barotrauma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ear barotrauma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ear barotrauma:
All the drugs that are associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma (927 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Blood pressure - high: 112 reports
- Blood pressure increased: 112 reports
- Foetal exposure during pregnancy: 217 reports
- Hbp: 112 reports
- High blood pressure: 112 reports
- Htn: 112 reports
- Hypertension: 112 reports
- Hypertension aggravated: 112 reports
- Osteoporosis: 264 reports
- Thin bones: 263 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma (564 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Alendronate sodium) and Alendronate sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vibramycin and Vitamin D drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Zolpidem and Hyperkalemia - 7 seconds ago
- Fragmin and Scrotal Ulcer - 15 seconds ago
- Levofloxacin and Bone Marrow Failure - 17 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Mucosal Inflammation - 23 seconds ago
- Dantrium and Memory Loss - 37 seconds ago
- Isoniazid and Clonus - 39 seconds ago
- Rydapt and Ambien drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam and Pancytopenia - 51 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Bedridden - 52 seconds ago