Alendronate sodium and Pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pain is found among people who take Alendronate sodium, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alendronate sodium and have Pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,457 people who have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
36,457 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium.
Among them, 5,043 people (13.83%) have Pain.
What is Alendronate sodium?
Alendronate sodium has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 37,118 Alendronate sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pain?
Pain is found to be associated with 5,166 drugs and 5,585 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alendronate sodium and Pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Alendronate sodium when people have Pain *:
Gender of people who have Pain when taking Alendronate sodium*:
Age of people who have Pain when taking Alendronate sodium *:
Common drugs people take besides Alendronate sodium *:
Common side effects people have besides Pain *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alendronate sodium and have Pain?Check whether Pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alendronate sodium:
- Pain and drugs with ingredients of alendronate sodium (13,212 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alendronate sodium:
- Alendronate sodium (37,118 reports)
Common Alendronate sodium side effects:
- Pain: 5,043 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,933 reports
- Joint pain: 4,792 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,521 reports
- Rashes (redness): 4,043 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,988 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3,870 reports
Browse all side effects of Alendronate sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pain treatments and more:
- Pain (1,001,338 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pain:
- Pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pain:
- Oxycontin: 55,096 reports
- Humira: 47,288 reports
- Enbrel: 46,896 reports
- Methotrexate: 44,785 reports
- Prednisone: 44,380 reports
- Lyrica: 30,908 reports
- Xeljanz: 26,984 reports
- Oxycodone: 24,014 reports
- Aspirin: 22,318 reports
- Actemra: 20,065 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pain:
- Pain (5,166 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 74,666 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 29,170 reports
- High blood pressure: 19,549 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pain:
- Pain (5,585 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Alendronate sodium) and Alendronate sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zolmitriptan and Fungal Infection - 2 seconds ago
- Septra Ds and Tamoxifen Citrate drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Metformin and Alanine Aminotransferase Increased - 9 seconds ago
- Prinivil and High Blood Pressure - 25 seconds ago
- Unisom and Heart Valve Surgery - 26 seconds ago
- Emla and Cough Aggravated - 28 seconds ago
- Peripheral Circulatory Failure and Drug Toxicity - 43 seconds ago
- Plavix and Light Chain Disease - a minute ago
- Keppra and Vomiting In Pregnancy - a minute ago
- Tamiflu and Linzess drug interaction - a minute ago