Will you have Pallor with Alendronate sodium - from FDA reports
Pallor is found among people who take Alendronate sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fosamax, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,505 people who have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Alendronate sodium) and Alendronate sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Pallor are also considered in the study.
What is Alendronate sodium?
Alendronate sodium has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Alendronate sodium 27,033 users)
What is Pallor?
Pallor has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 20,841 Pallor patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
26,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium.
Among them, 36 people (0.14%) have Pallor
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Alendronate sodium when people have Pallor *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 70 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pallor when taking Alendronate sodium *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Pallor when taking Alendronate sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.45 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.79 %
- 60+: 82.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 8 people, 22.22%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 22.22%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 7 people, 19.44%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 7 people, 19.44%
- Bone Density Decreased: 7 people, 19.44%
- Inflammation: 7 people, 19.44%
- Depression: 4 people, 11.11%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 3 people, 8.33%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 8.33%
- Asthma: 2 people, 5.56%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fosamax: 13 people, 36.11%
- Prednisone: 10 people, 27.78%
- Enbrel: 9 people, 25.00%
- Celebrex: 7 people, 19.44%
- Omeprazole: 6 people, 16.67%
- Prednisolone: 4 people, 11.11%
- Acetylsalicylic Acid: 4 people, 11.11%
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 8.33%
- Atenolol: 3 people, 8.33%
- Ibuprofen: 3 people, 8.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 18 people, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 14 people, 38.89%
- Breathing Difficulty: 11 people, 30.56%
- Weakness: 10 people, 27.78%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 10 people, 27.78%
- Chest Pain: 10 people, 27.78%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 10 people, 27.78%
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 27.78%
- Pain: 9 people, 25.00%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 9 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Pallor while taking Alendronate sodium?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pallor
- Subscribe to monitor Pallor in Alendronate sodium
- Subscribe to monitor Alendronate sodium
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Alendronate sodium and have Pallor
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with PallorPallor (2,010 drugs)
Could your condition cause PallorPallor (1,707 conditions)
Alendronate sodium side effects
- Alendronate sodium side effects (26,535 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Alendronate sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Alendronate sodium with similar drugs
- Alendronate sodium vs. Actonel
- Alendronate sodium vs. Atelvia
- Alendronate sodium vs. Boniva
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium acetate
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium carbonate
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium carbonate, famotidine and magnesium hydroxide
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium citrate
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium d - glucarate
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium-d glucarate
- Alendronate sodium vs. Calcium disodium versenate
- Alendronate sodium vs. Evista
- Alendronate sodium vs. Forteo
- Alendronate sodium vs. Fosamax plus d
- Alendronate sodium vs. Lithium carbonate
- Alendronate sodium vs. Miacalcin
- Alendronate sodium vs. Premarin
- Alendronate sodium vs. Prolia
- Alendronate sodium vs. Reclast
- Alendronate sodium vs. Risedronate sodium
- Alendronate sodium vs. Vitamin d
- Alendronate sodium vs. Vitamin k
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- What to expect when you take Foscavir and have Colonic Angiomas? - a second ago
- Will you have Radiation Proctopathy with Claritin? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Yellow Nail Syndrome with Queyrat Erythroplasia? - 6 seconds ago
- Prozac vs. Aspirin - 8 seconds ago
- Nuvigil and Cabergoline drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Effexor Xr and Theo-Dur drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Will you have Svt with Glipizide? - 12 seconds ago
- Will you have Supraventricular Tachycardia with Glipizide? - 13 seconds ago
- Will you have Psvt with Glipizide? - 13 seconds ago
- Will you have Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (Psvt) with Glipizide? - 13 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Buprenorphine Hydrochloride; Naloxone Hydrochloride - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin Chloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Coq-10, Metoprolol Succinate, Probiotic, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Metformin Hydrochloride, Magnesium, Pantoprazole, Incruse Ellipta - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Suprep Bowel Prep Kit, Valsartan - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Kenalog - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Keppra, Fluoxetine - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - 17 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.