Alendronate sodium and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Alendronate sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alendronate sodium and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,457 people who have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
36,457 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium.
Among them, 203 people (0.56%) have Psoriasis.
What is Alendronate sodium?
Alendronate sodium has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 37,100 Alendronate sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,256 drugs and 1,579 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alendronate sodium and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Alendronate sodium when people have Psoriasis *:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Alendronate sodium*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Alendronate sodium *:
Common drugs people take besides Alendronate sodium *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alendronate sodium and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alendronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alendronate sodium:
- Alendronate sodium (37,100 reports)
Common Alendronate sodium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Alendronate sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,184 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,256 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,579 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Alendronate sodium) and Alendronate sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cartia Xt and Leucovorin Calcium drug interaction - a second ago
- Adderall and Levalbuterol Hydrochloride drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Perjeta and Fluid Overload - 3 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Jadenu drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Milk Of Magnesia and Vitamin D2 drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Entecavir and Muscle Spasms - 29 seconds ago
- Voltaren and Ticlopidine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Sudafed and Mercaptopurine drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Ampicillin Trihydrate and Cefazolin Sodium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Flagyl and Aggrastat drug interaction - a minute ago