Alendronate sodium and Unintended pregnancy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Unintended pregnancy is reported only by a few people who take Alendronate Sodium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alendronate sodium and have Unintended pregnancy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,457 people who have side effects while taking Alendronate sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
36,457 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Unintended pregnancy.
What is Alendronate sodium?
Alendronate sodium has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 37,100 Alendronate sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Unintended pregnancy?
Unintended pregnancy (unwanted pregnancies as well as those that are mistimed) is found to be associated with 691 drugs and 361 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alendronate sodium and Unintended pregnancy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Alendronate sodium *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Alendronate sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Alendronate sodium *:
- Claravis: 2 people, 66.67%
- Prilosec: 1 person, 33.33%
- Lo/ovral-28: 1 person, 33.33%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 33.33%
- Estrace: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cephalexin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Celebrex: 1 person, 33.33%
- Azithromycin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Unintended pregnancy *:
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 2 people, 66.67%
- Urticaria Pigmentosa (skin disease that produces patches of darker skin (lesions) and very bad itching): 1 person, 33.33%
- Diverticulum Intestinal (a pouch that is attached to the first part of the small intestine): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 33.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 33.33%
- Femur Fracture: 1 person, 33.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 33.33%
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy: 1 person, 33.33%
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 1 person, 33.33%
- Joint Injury: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 33.33%
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome (a spectrum of conditions affecting the rotator cuff tendons of the shoulder): 1 person, 33.33%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 33.33%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alendronate sodium and have Unintended pregnancy?Check whether Unintended pregnancy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Unintended pregnancy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alendronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alendronate sodium:
- Alendronate sodium (37,100 reports)
Common Alendronate sodium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Alendronate sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Unintended pregnancy treatments and more:
- Unintended pregnancy (13,385 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Unintended pregnancy:
All the drugs that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (691 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Acne: 115 reports
- Birth control: 5,452 reports
- Birth control and family planning: 5,641 reports
- Contraception: 5,925 reports
- Family planning and contraception: 5,641 reports
- Pregnancy: 5,641 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (361 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Alendronate sodium) and Alendronate sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Haldol and Tofranil drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Groin Pain - 7 seconds ago
- Geodon and Muscle Cramps - 20 seconds ago
- Thalomid and Urge Incontinence - 21 seconds ago
- Cosopt and Hepatic Steatosis - 35 seconds ago
- High Blood Pressure and drugs of ingredients of ramelteon - 40 seconds ago
- Lotrel and Pancreatitis - 44 seconds ago
- Hytrin and Pentam drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tysabri and Seizures - a minute ago
- Truvada and Gilenya drug interaction - a minute ago