Aleve and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tylenol, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Aleve. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,252 people who have side effects when taking Aleve from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
42,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve.
Among them, 174 people (0.41%) have A-fib
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aleve when people have A-fib *:
- < 1 month: 29.41 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.76 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.88 %
- 2 - 5 years: 29.41 %
- 5 - 10 years: 17.65 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Aleve *:
- female: 54.07 %
- male: 45.93 %
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Aleve *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.74 %
- 20-29: 0.74 %
- 30-39: 1.48 %
- 40-49: 3.7 %
- 50-59: 16.3 %
- 60+: 77.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (14 people, 8.05%)
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 6.32%)
- Joint Pain (10 people, 5.75%)
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 5.75%)
- Back Pain (10 people, 5.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol (26 people, 14.94%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 11.49%)
- Lasix (19 people, 10.92%)
- Synthroid (17 people, 9.77%)
- Prilosec (17 people, 9.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (28 people, 16.09%)
- Pneumonia (27 people, 15.52%)
- Breathing Difficulty (27 people, 15.52%)
- High Blood Pressure (24 people, 13.79%)
- Chest Pain (20 people, 11.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have A-fib when taking Aleve?
- Check symptoms - is a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsA-fib and drugs with ingredients of naproxen sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and Aleve from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Aleve 44,137 users)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,336 A-fib patients).
Browse all side effects of Alevea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with A-fibA-fib
Could your condition cause A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
User reviews to the study
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue
may 3, 2017 surgery to remove cancer tumor from right kidney. IV of Dilaudid or morphine, don't remember which, for two day. then dilaudid for about 5 days, then to the ER with afib. then 3 days later back to the ER with afib. both times, they were able to give me a shot the put me back ...