Alimta and Rash macular - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rash macular is found among people who take Alimta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alimta and have Rash macular. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,644 people who have side effects when taking Alimta from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,644 people reported to have side effects when taking Alimta.
Among them, 21 people (0.27%) have Rash macular.
What is Alimta?
Alimta has active ingredients of pemetrexed disodium. eHealthMe is studying from 7,701 Alimta users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rash macular?
Rash macular (small, flat red spots) is found to be associated with 2,174 drugs and 1,473 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alimta and Rash macular reports submitted per year:
Time on Alimta when people have Rash macular *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Rash macular when taking Alimta *:
- female: 52.38 %
- male: 47.62 %
Age of people who have Rash macular when taking Alimta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 23.53 %
- 60+: 70.59 %
Common drugs people take besides Alimta *:
- Folic Acid: 13 people, 61.90%
- Cisplatin: 5 people, 23.81%
- Zometa: 3 people, 14.29%
- Vitamin B12: 3 people, 14.29%
- Vandetanib: 3 people, 14.29%
- Xgeva: 3 people, 14.29%
- Dexamethasone: 3 people, 14.29%
- Neulasta: 3 people, 14.29%
- Lasix: 2 people, 9.52%
- Emend: 2 people, 9.52%
Common side effects people have besides Rash macular *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 28.57%
- Rashes (redness): 5 people, 23.81%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 4 people, 19.05%
- Chest Pain: 4 people, 19.05%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 19.05%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 19.05%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 4 people, 19.05%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 14.29%
- Joint Deposit (deposit in joint): 3 people, 14.29%
- Hair Loss: 3 people, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 7 people, 33.33%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 3 people, 14.29%
- Mesothelioma (rare type of cancer that occurs in the thin layer of cells lining the body's internal organs, known as the mesothelium): 2 people, 9.52%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 2 people, 9.52%
- Lung Adenocarcinoma (a form of non-small cell lung cancer): 2 people, 9.52%
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Stage Iv: 1 person, 4.76%
- Metastatic Bronchial Carcinoma (spread of cancer to bronchi tumour): 1 person, 4.76%
- Lung Adenocarcinoma Stage Iv (the cancer has spread to other organs of the body, such as the other lung, brain, or liver): 1 person, 4.76%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 4.76%
- Adenocarcinoma (malignant tumour formed from glandular structures in epithelial tissue): 1 person, 4.76%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alimta and have Rash macular?Check whether Rash macular is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Rash macular and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pemetrexed disodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alimta:
- Alimta (7,701 reports)
Common Alimta side effects:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 711 reports
- Death: 691 reports
- Rashes (redness): 456 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 424 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 418 reports
Browse all side effects of Alimta:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Rash macular treatments and more:
- Rash macular (30,755 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Rash macular:
- Rash macular in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Rash macular in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Rash macular in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Rash macular:
- Adapalene: 3,792 reports
- Humira: 2,424 reports
- Aspirin: 1,371 reports
- Prednisone: 1,354 reports
- Enbrel: 1,243 reports
- Dupixent: 1,109 reports
- Methotrexate: 971 reports
- Omeprazole: 857 reports
- Lisinopril: 736 reports
- Amlodipine: 701 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Rash macular:
- Rash macular (2,174 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rash macular:
- Acne: 2,610 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,112 reports
- Psoriasis: 1,379 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,095 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,011 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 863 reports
- Crohn's disease: 855 reports
- Pain: 739 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Rash macular:
- Rash macular (1,473 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pemetrexed disodium (the active ingredients of Alimta) and Alimta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Elavil and Spondylitic Myelopathy - 6 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Skin Irritation - 8 seconds ago
- Tenuate and Weakness - 13 seconds ago
- Dovonex and Nicotine drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Tacrolimus and Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (Dub) - 17 seconds ago
- Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone vs. Ibuprofen - 18 seconds ago
- Busulfex and Post Procedural Complication - 22 seconds ago
- Metastases To Bone and Leukocytosis - 27 seconds ago
- Stelazine and Talacen drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Enoxaparin Sodium and Hypertension Aggravated - 53 seconds ago