Allegra and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Allegra and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 62,953 people who have side effects when taking Allegra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
62,953 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Allegra?
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 65,075 Allegra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Allegra and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Allegra *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 75 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Allegra *:
- Lipitor: 4 people, 50.00%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Vioxx: 3 people, 37.50%
- Zetia: 2 people, 25.00%
- Viagra: 2 people, 25.00%
- Prevacid: 2 people, 25.00%
- Prozac: 2 people, 25.00%
- Enbrel: 2 people, 25.00%
- Effexor Xr: 2 people, 25.00%
- Nasacort Aq: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 3 people, 37.50%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 3 people, 37.50%
- Heart Attack: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 25.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 2 people, 25.00%
- Erection Problems: 2 people, 25.00%
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow): 2 people, 25.00%
- Neuritis (inflammation of nerve): 2 people, 25.00%
- Dizziness Postural: 2 people, 25.00%
- Pain: 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 25.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 25.00%
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation): 1 person, 12.50%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 12.50%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 12.50%
- Depression: 1 person, 12.50%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Allegra and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Allegra:
- Allegra (65,075 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fexofenadine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Allegra) and Allegra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Advil Liqui-Gels and Zyrtec drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Tea Extract and Deep Venous Thrombosis - 16 seconds ago
- Actemra and Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) - 57 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Urticaria Chronic - a minute ago
- Adrenalin and Pioglitazone drug interaction - a minute ago