Allegra and Extrapyramidal disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 70,085 people who have side effects when taking Allegra. Extrapyramidal disorder is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Metoclopramide and have Nausea.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Allegra and have Extrapyramidal disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
70,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 33 people (0.05%) have Extrapyramidal disorder.
What is Allegra?
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is used in allergies. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 72,421 Allegra users.
What is Extrapyramidal disorder?
Extrapyramidal disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck) is found to be associated with 1,627 drugs and 939 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 29,786 people who have Extrapyramidal disorder.
Number of Allegra and Extrapyramidal disorder reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Extrapyramidal disorder when taking Allegra *:
- female: 71.88 %
- male: 28.12 %
Age of people who have Extrapyramidal disorder when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.26 %
- 20-29: 10.53 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.26 %
- 50-59: 36.84 %
- 60+: 42.11 %
Common drugs people take besides Allegra *:
- Metoclopramide: 25 people, 75.76%
- Prevacid: 17 people, 51.52%
- Levaquin: 14 people, 42.42%
- Amoxicillin: 12 people, 36.36%
- Zyrtec: 11 people, 33.33%
- Aspirin: 11 people, 33.33%
- Prozac: 10 people, 30.30%
- Nexium: 10 people, 30.30%
- Lipitor: 10 people, 30.30%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 10 people, 30.30%
Common side effects people have besides Extrapyramidal disorder *:
- Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements): 25 people, 75.76%
- Stress And Anxiety: 20 people, 60.61%
- Pain: 16 people, 48.48%
- High Blood Pressure: 16 people, 48.48%
- Emotional Disorder: 16 people, 48.48%
- Depression: 16 people, 48.48%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 15 people, 45.45%
- Breathing Difficulty: 14 people, 42.42%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14 people, 42.42%
- Chest Pain: 14 people, 42.42%
Common conditions people have *:
- Belching (release of gas from the digestive tract): 4 people, 12.12%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 12.12%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 9.09%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 6.06%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 2 people, 6.06%
- Depression: 2 people, 6.06%
- Reflux Oesophagitis (an oesophageal mucosal injury that occurs of gastric contents into the oesophagus): 2 people, 6.06%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 6.06%
- Impaired Gastric Emptying: 1 person, 3.03%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 3.03%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Allegra and have Extrapyramidal disorder?Check whether Extrapyramidal disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Allegra side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Allegra side effects (72,421 reports)
Extrapyramidal disorder treatments and more:
- Extrapyramidal disorder (29,786 reports)
Common drugs associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Metoclopramide: 14,572 reports
- Clopra: 14,529 reports
- Reglan: 4,988 reports
- Risperdal: 2,455 reports
- Risperidone: 1,824 reports
- Abilify: 1,206 reports
- Metoclopramide hydrochloride: 1,107 reports
- Olanzapine: 1,003 reports
- Haloperidol: 845 reports
- Aripiprazole: 739 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Extrapyramidal disorder (1,627 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Indigestion: 2,792 reports
- Schizophrenia: 1,935 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 1,148 reports
- Depression: 1,128 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 526 reports
- Schizoaffective disorder: 415 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Extrapyramidal disorder (939 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fexofenadine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Allegra) and Allegra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ativan and Heparin drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Valium and Testicular Pain - 28 seconds ago
- Albuterol Sulfate and Betadine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Memory Loss - a minute ago
- Valacyclovir and Esomeprazole Magnesium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cefdinir and Toprol-Xl drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Seroquel and Libido Increased - 2 minutes ago
- Indomethacin and Librium drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Capoten and Bentyl drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Claritin-D 24 Hour and Synthroid drug interaction - 3 minutes ago