Allegra and Urticaria - from FDA reports
Urticaria is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Urticaria with Allegra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,696 people who have side effects when taking Allegra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
42,696 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 782 people (1.83%) have Urticaria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allegra when people have Urticaria *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.58 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.17 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.08 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urticaria when taking Allegra *:
- female: 79.31 %
- male: 20.69 %
Age of people who have Urticaria when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.45 %
- 10-19: 4.18 %
- 20-29: 6.75 %
- 30-39: 13.18 %
- 40-49: 23.47 %
- 50-59: 22.03 %
- 60+: 28.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity: 90 people, 11.51%
- Asthma: 90 people, 11.51%
- High Blood Pressure: 46 people, 5.88%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 37 people, 4.73%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 36 people, 4.60%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair: 122 people, 15.60%
- Xolair: 107 people, 13.68%
- Zyrtec: 87 people, 11.13%
- Zantac: 68 people, 8.70%
- Prednisone: 63 people, 8.06%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (redness): 220 people, 28.13%
- Itching: 207 people, 26.47%
- Breathing Difficulty: 87 people, 11.13%
- Hypersensitivity: 68 people, 8.70%
- Headache (pain in head): 64 people, 8.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Allegra and have Urticaria?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Urticaria
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 44,471 users)
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, pain (latest reports from 75,586 Urticaria patients).
Drugs that are associated with UrticariaUrticaria (2,692 drugs)
Could your condition cause UrticariaUrticaria (2,703 conditions)
Allegra side effects
- Allegra side effects (42,725 reports)
Browse all side effects of Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Semira ZA, Zulfkar Q, Sameem F, "Livedo reticularis associated with dapsone therapy in a patient with chronic urticaria", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
- Musri FY, Mutlu H, Kıvrak Salim D, Karakurt Eryılmaz M, Ünal B, Tural D, Şenol Coşkun H, "Sorafenib-induced severe urticaria in a patient with hepatocellular cancer", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Allegra and have Urticaria
- Support group for people who have Urticaria
- Support group for people who take Allegra
You may be interested in these posts
- I'm a 68 years old female. Taking Xarelto 20 mg once a day, as I've auricular fibrillation (treated with amiodarone). After about 5 months treatment many little red dots appeared on my feet and hands. The don't itch, but they leave behind brownish marks. They seem to worsen with sun exposure.
- hi there ,has any one else had hives with depo ?i got them straight after shot and had them ever since and no longer on shot
- Don't know for sure, but I lost my sense of smell about 18 months ago. I was taking occasional Allegra for allergies at the time. I have not been able to smell anything since. Any comments ?
- Fatigue, joint pain, headaches, nausea... now itchy welts!!
- I am 81 years old and had taken Allegra for about a month and it has caused dehydration
- Will you have Transient Monocular Blindness with Allopurinol Sodium?
- Will you have Richter'S Syndrome with Metformin?
- Will you have Thyroid Enlargement with Flexeril?
- Will you have Muscle Strain with Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide?
- Will you have Endometrial Cancer with Diclofenac Sodium?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Allopurinol Sodium and have Transient Monocular Blindness?
- Support group for people who take Metformin and have Richter'S Syndrome?
- Support group for people who take Flexeril and have Thyroid Enlargement?
- Support group for people who take Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide and have Muscle Strain?
- Support group for people who take Diclofenac Sodium and have Endometrial Cancer?
- What to expect when you take Allopurinol Sodium and have Transient Monocular Blindness?
- What to expect when you take Metformin and have Richter'S Syndrome?
- What to expect when you take Flexeril and have Thyroid Enlargement?
- What to expect when you take Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide and have Muscle Strain?
- What to expect when you take Diclofenac Sodium and have Endometrial Cancer?
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Belladonna
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Ferrous Fumarate, Ambien, Prilosec, Zofran, Zantac 25
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Flonase
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Geodon, Thorazine, Wellbutrin
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Letrozole
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.