Allegra and Z-e syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Z-e syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Allegra.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Allegra and have Z-e syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 66,294 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
66,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 1 person (0.0%) has Z-e syndrome.
What is Allegra?
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 68,539 Allegra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Z-e syndrome?
Z-e syndrome (increased production of the hormone gastrin from a small tumour of pancreas) is found to be associated with 153 drugs and 167 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Allegra and Z-e syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Z-e syndrome when taking Allegra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Z-e syndrome when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Allegra *:
- Prilosec: 1 person, 100.00%
- Nexium: 1 person, 100.00%
- Methotrexate: 1 person, 100.00%
- Librax: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Z-e syndrome *:
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 100.00%
- Adrenal Insufficiency (condition in which the adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of steroids): 1 person, 100.00%
- Arthropathy: 1 person, 100.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 100.00%
- Belching (release of gas from the digestive tract): 1 person, 100.00%
- Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 1 person, 100.00%
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 1 person, 100.00%
- Drug Effect Decreased: 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 100.00%
- Oesophageal Spasm (contraction of oesophagus): 1 person, 100.00%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 1 person, 100.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 1 person, 100.00%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 100.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Allegra and have Z-e syndrome?Check whether Z-e syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Z-e syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Allegra:
- Allegra (68,539 reports)
Common Allegra side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 9,288 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,823 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,484 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 3,388 reports
- Dizziness: 3,082 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,992 reports
- Pain: 2,960 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,627 reports
Browse all side effects of Allegra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Z-e syndrome treatments and more:
- Z-e syndrome (1,123 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Z-e syndrome:
- Z-e syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Z-e syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Z-e syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Z-e syndrome:
- Z-e syndrome (153 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Z-e syndrome:
- Z-e syndrome (167 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fexofenadine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Allegra) and Allegra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rogaine Extra Strength and Fungal Skin Infection - 5 seconds ago
- Cerezyme and Subclavian Vein Thrombosis - 8 seconds ago
- Silodosin and Drowsiness - 8 seconds ago
- Silodosin and Sopor - 9 seconds ago
- Ventavis and Coagulation Time Prolonged - 9 seconds ago
- Atarax and Splenomegaly - 12 seconds ago
- Olysio and Depression - 18 seconds ago
- Carboplatin and Crohn'S Disease - 19 seconds ago
- Paracetamol and Evekeo drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Cisplatin and Ependymitis - 27 seconds ago