Allopurinol and Breathing difficulty - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Allopurinol and have Breathing difficulty. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 164,051 people who have side effects when taking Allopurinol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
164,051 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol.
Among them, 8,862 people (5.4%) have Breathing difficulty.
What is Allopurinol?
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. eHealthMe is studying from 166,666 Allopurinol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Breathing difficulty?
Breathing difficulty is found to be associated with 5,139 drugs and 6,001 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Allopurinol and Breathing difficulty reports submitted per year:
Time on Allopurinol when people have Breathing difficulty *:
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Allopurinol*:
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Allopurinol *:
Common drugs people take besides Allopurinol *:
Common side effects people have besides Breathing difficulty *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Allopurinol and have Breathing difficulty?Check whether Breathing difficulty is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Breathing difficulty and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of allopurinol:
- Breathing difficulty and drugs with ingredients of allopurinol (9,134 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Allopurinol:
- Allopurinol (166,666 reports)
Common Allopurinol side effects:
- Diarrhea: 9,701 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9,558 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 8,893 reports
- Weakness: 8,160 reports
- Fever: 8,048 reports
- Pneumonia: 7,430 reports
Browse all side effects of Allopurinol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Breathing difficulty treatments and more:
- Breathing difficulty (579,842 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Prednisone: 37,839 reports
- Aspirin: 30,142 reports
- Spiriva: 25,479 reports
- Symbicort: 20,576 reports
- Furosemide: 19,316 reports
- Omeprazole: 18,194 reports
- Methotrexate: 17,095 reports
- Lasix: 16,702 reports
- Metformin: 16,584 reports
- Albuterol: 16,534 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (5,139 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Asthma: 40,041 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 34,524 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,686 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,046 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 24,612 reports
- Pain: 15,332 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 14,195 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (6,001 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on allopurinol (the active ingredients of Allopurinol) and Allopurinol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sinemet and Physical Assault - 5 seconds ago
- Stools - Watery and drugs of ingredients of insulin purified pork; insulin susp isophane purified pork - 5 seconds ago
- Diarrhea and drugs of ingredients of insulin purified pork; insulin susp isophane purified pork - 5 seconds ago
- Desonide and Chronic Kidney Disease - 6 seconds ago
- Quinine and Breast Cancer Aggravated - 6 seconds ago
- Norditropin and Fibromyalgia - 6 seconds ago
- Atorvastatin Calcium and Apallic Syndrome - 7 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin vs. Claritin-D - 8 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Cardizem La drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Simvastatin and Costochondritis - 10 seconds ago