Will you have Macule with Allopurinol - from FDA reports
Macule is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Omeprazole, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 103,786 people who have side effects when taking Allopurinol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on allopurinol (the active ingredients of Allopurinol) and Allopurinol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Macule are also considered in the study.
What is Allopurinol?
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Allopurinol 105,745 users)
What is Macule?
Macule (a discoloured spot on the skin) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 1,109 Macule patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
103,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol.
Among them, 16 people (0.02%) have Macule
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macule when taking Allopurinol *:
- female: 18.75 %
- male: 81.25 %
Age of people who have Macule when taking Allopurinol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 7.14 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 21.43 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 6 people, 37.50%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 25.00%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 3 people, 18.75%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 2 people, 12.50%
- Depression: 2 people, 12.50%
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 1 person, 6.25%
- Fever: 1 person, 6.25%
- Erythema Multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction): 1 person, 6.25%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 6.25%
- Coccidioidomycosis (serious disease of the lungs and other tissues, caused by the fungus coccidioides immitis): 1 person, 6.25%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate: 5 people, 31.25%
- Omeprazole: 5 people, 31.25%
- Ranitidine: 4 people, 25.00%
- Famotidine: 4 people, 25.00%
- Lisinopril: 4 people, 25.00%
- Ketoprofen: 4 people, 25.00%
- Carbamazepine: 4 people, 25.00%
- Folic Acid: 4 people, 25.00%
- Tramadol Hydrochloride: 3 people, 18.75%
- Imodium: 3 people, 18.75%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (redness): 8 people, 50.00%
- Weakness: 6 people, 37.50%
- Joint Pain: 5 people, 31.25%
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 5 people, 31.25%
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 31.25%
- Itching: 5 people, 31.25%
- Inflammation: 4 people, 25.00%
- Varicose Vein Ruptured: 4 people, 25.00%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 4 people, 25.00%
- Dizziness Postural: 4 people, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Macule while taking Allopurinol?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Allopurinol and have Macule
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with MaculeMacule (684 drugs)
Could your condition cause MaculeMacule (471 conditions)
Allopurinol side effects
- Allopurinol side effects (103,831 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Allopurinola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Urticaria Chronic with Progesterone? - now
- Will you have Holmes Tremor with Lorazepam? - a second ago
- Will you have Sebaceous Cyst with Phenergan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Epidermoid Cyst with Phenergan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Epidermal Cyst with Phenergan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Keratin Cyst with Phenergan? - 2 seconds ago
- Augmentin Xr and Colace drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Post Procedural Complication with Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen? - 3 seconds ago
- Zinc Sulfate and Metoprolol Tartrate drug interactions for women aged 50-59 - 4 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime Axetil and Rocaltrol drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Minivelle - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Lithium Carbonate, Adderall Xr 25, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Lexapro - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Primidone, Furosemide, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B1, Magnesium, Colprep Kit, Curcumin, Potassium Gluconate - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Fosamax - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Calcium, Vitamin D3 - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Phentermine - 7 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.