Alphagan and Nail ridging - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nail ridging is reported only by a few people who take Alphagan.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alphagan and have Nail ridging. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,064 people who have side effects while taking Alphagan from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,064 people reported to have side effects when taking Alphagan.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Nail ridging.
What is Alphagan?
Alphagan has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate. It is often used in glaucoma. eHealthMe is studying from 9,240 Alphagan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nail ridging?
Nail ridging (nail has raised ridges and is thin and curved inward) is found to be associated with 418 drugs and 278 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alphagan and Nail ridging reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nail ridging when taking Alphagan *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Nail ridging when taking Alphagan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Alphagan *:
- Vitamin C: 2 people, 100.00%
- Ultram: 2 people, 100.00%
- Colace: 2 people, 100.00%
- Ferrous Fumarate: 2 people, 100.00%
- Flomax: 2 people, 100.00%
- Flonase: 2 people, 100.00%
- Imbruvica: 2 people, 100.00%
- Linzess: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lumigan: 2 people, 100.00%
- Magnesium: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Nail ridging *:
- Vision Blurred: 2 people, 100.00%
- Taste - Impaired: 2 people, 100.00%
- Arthropathy: 2 people, 100.00%
- Balance Disorder: 2 people, 100.00%
- Constipation: 2 people, 100.00%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 2 people, 100.00%
- Dry Skin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 2 people, 100.00%
- Fall: 2 people, 100.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 2 people, 100.00%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alphagan and have Nail ridging?Check whether Nail ridging is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nail ridging and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of brimonidine tartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alphagan:
- Alphagan (9,240 reports)
Common Alphagan side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 607 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 495 reports
- Weakness: 479 reports
- Dizziness: 438 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 432 reports
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 402 reports
Browse all side effects of Alphagan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nail ridging treatments and more:
- Nail ridging (423 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (418 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (278 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on brimonidine tartrate (the active ingredients of Alphagan) and Alphagan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Brilinta and Urinary Tract Infection - 2 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Movement - Uncoordinated - 3 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole Sodium and Fall - 9 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Leflunomide drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Afinitor and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - 18 seconds ago
- Ritalin and Baclofen drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Bupropion Hydrochloride and Anorexia - 28 seconds ago
- Fentanyl and Atypical Pneumonia - 29 seconds ago
- Geodon and Stress And Anxiety - 30 seconds ago
- Avandaryl and Rashes - 30 seconds ago