Altace and Oesophageal carcinoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oesophageal carcinoma is reported only by a few people who take Altace.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Altace and have Oesophageal carcinoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,516 people who have side effects while taking Altace from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,516 people reported to have side effects when taking Altace.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Oesophageal carcinoma.
What is Altace?
Altace has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 23,106 Altace users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oesophageal carcinoma?
Oesophageal carcinoma (cancer tumour of oesophagus) is found to be associated with 757 drugs and 388 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Altace and Oesophageal carcinoma reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Oesophageal carcinoma when taking Altace *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Oesophageal carcinoma when taking Altace *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Altace *:
- Enbrel: 2 people, 100.00%
- Tylenol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Kadian: 1 person, 50.00%
- Afinitor: 1 person, 50.00%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Calcium Acetate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Celebrex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 50.00%
- Heparin: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Oesophageal carcinoma *:
- Vitreous Haemorrhage (intraocular (inside the eye) bleeding): 1 person, 50.00%
- Death: 1 person, 50.00%
- Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (sudden failure of the respiratory (breathing) system): 1 person, 50.00%
- Arthritis Bacterial (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints due to bacterial infection): 1 person, 50.00%
- Asthma: 1 person, 50.00%
- Bacteraemia (presence of bacteria in the blood): 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Uric Acid Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cardiac Valve Disease (heart valve disease): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 50.00%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Altace and have Oesophageal carcinoma?Check whether Oesophageal carcinoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Oesophageal carcinoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ramipril:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Altace:
- Altace (23,106 reports)
Common Altace side effects:
- Heart attack: 1,703 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,664 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,635 reports
- Weakness: 1,574 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,531 reports
- Pain: 1,523 reports
Browse all side effects of Altace:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Oesophageal carcinoma treatments and more:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (33,075 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oesophageal carcinoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Zantac: 18,962 reports
- Ranitidine: 8,936 reports
- Nexium: 245 reports
- Omeprazole: 199 reports
- Prednisolone: 172 reports
- Methotrexate: 170 reports
- Prednisone: 162 reports
- Humira: 148 reports
- Clozaril: 136 reports
- Enbrel: 125 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (757 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Indigestion: 15,098 reports
- Gastric ulcer: 1,508 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 271 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 175 reports
- High blood pressure: 171 reports
- Osteoporosis: 156 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Oesophageal carcinoma:
- Oesophageal carcinoma (388 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ramipril (the active ingredients of Altace) and Altace (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sodium Chloride and Protonix drug interaction - a second ago
- Depo-Medrol and Protonix drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Ilaris and Humira drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Protonix and Enalapril Maleate drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Protonix and Decadron drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Demadex and Protonix drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Protonix and Sumatriptan drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Protonix and Glucophage drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Protonix and Promethazine drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Emsam and Headache - 11 seconds ago