Altace and Viral sinusitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Viral sinusitis is reported only by a few people who take Altace.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Altace and have Viral sinusitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,516 people who have side effects while taking Altace from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,516 people reported to have side effects when taking Altace.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Viral sinusitis.
What is Altace?
Altace has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 23,106 Altace users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Viral sinusitis?
Viral sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses with a viral infection) is found to be associated with 164 drugs and 81 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Altace and Viral sinusitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Viral sinusitis when taking Altace *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Viral sinusitis when taking Altace *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Altace *:
- Vioxx: 2 people, 100.00%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 100.00%
- Toprol-Xl: 2 people, 100.00%
- Prevacid: 2 people, 100.00%
- Plavix: 2 people, 100.00%
- Pepcid: 2 people, 100.00%
- Nitrostat: 2 people, 100.00%
- Niaspan: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 100.00%
- Levaquin: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Viral sinusitis *:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 2 people, 100.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 2 people, 100.00%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 2 people, 100.00%
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased: 2 people, 100.00%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 2 people, 100.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 2 people, 100.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 2 people, 100.00%
- Costochondritis (chest wall pain): 2 people, 100.00%
- Ear Pain: 2 people, 100.00%
- Fall: 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 100.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 100.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Altace and have Viral sinusitis?Check whether Viral sinusitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Viral sinusitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ramipril:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Altace:
- Altace (23,106 reports)
Common Altace side effects:
- Heart attack: 1,703 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,664 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,635 reports
- Weakness: 1,574 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,531 reports
- Pain: 1,523 reports
Browse all side effects of Altace:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Viral sinusitis treatments and more:
- Viral sinusitis (222 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Viral sinusitis:
- Viral sinusitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Viral sinusitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Viral sinusitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Viral sinusitis:
- Viral sinusitis (164 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Viral sinusitis:
- Viral sinusitis (81 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ramipril (the active ingredients of Altace) and Altace (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Celexa and Sneezing - now
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tysabri drug interaction - a second ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tresiba drug interaction - a second ago
- Lys and Metoprolol Tartrate drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Nail Ridging - 6 seconds ago
- Citalopram Hydrobromide and Metoprolol Tartrate drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Nitisinone and Lamotrigine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Miralax and Ototoxicity - 12 seconds ago
- Zometa and Fainting - 13 seconds ago
- Aripiprazole and Metoprolol Tartrate drug interaction - 15 seconds ago