Alvesco and Impaired healing - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Impaired healing is found among people who take Alvesco, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Alvesco and have Impaired healing. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,361 people who have side effects when taking Alvesco from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
8,361 people reported to have side effects when taking Alvesco.
Among them, 34 people (0.41%) have Impaired healing.
What is Alvesco?
Alvesco has active ingredients of ciclesonide. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 8,477 Alvesco users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Impaired healing?
Impaired healing is found to be associated with 2,094 drugs and 1,462 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Alvesco and Impaired healing reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Impaired healing when taking Alvesco *:
- female: 78.79 %
- male: 21.21 %
Age of people who have Impaired healing when taking Alvesco *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Alvesco *:
- Ventolin: 25 people, 73.53%
- Xolair: 23 people, 67.65%
- Symbicort: 16 people, 47.06%
- Singulair: 13 people, 38.24%
- Spiriva: 11 people, 32.35%
- Hyzaar: 10 people, 29.41%
- Calcium: 6 people, 17.65%
- Norvasc: 4 people, 11.76%
- Lasix: 4 people, 11.76%
- Lyrica: 4 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Impaired healing *:
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 26 people, 76.47%
- Skin Atrophy (wasting of skin): 22 people, 64.71%
- Pain In Extremity: 19 people, 55.88%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 18 people, 52.94%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 17 people, 50.00%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 17 people, 50.00%
- Head Injury: 17 people, 50.00%
- Body Temperature Decreased: 16 people, 47.06%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 16 people, 47.06%
- Cough: 16 people, 47.06%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 11.76%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 5.88%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 5.88%
- Productive Cough: 2 people, 5.88%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 5.88%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 1 person, 2.94%
- Heart Rate Irregular: 1 person, 2.94%
- Cough: 1 person, 2.94%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alvesco and have Impaired healing?Check whether Impaired healing is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Alvesco:
- Alvesco (8,477 reports)
Impaired healing treatments and more:
- Impaired healing (34,998 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Impaired healing:
- Impaired healing in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Impaired healing in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Impaired healing in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Impaired healing and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ciclesonide:
Common drugs associated with Impaired healing:
All the drugs that are associated with Impaired healing:
- Impaired healing (2,094 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Impaired healing:
All the conditions that are associated with Impaired healing:
- Impaired healing (1,462 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ciclesonide (the active ingredients of Alvesco) and Alvesco (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Calcitriol and Abdominal Wall Infection - 7 seconds ago
- Aerobid and Type 2 Diabetes - 9 seconds ago
- Aerobid and Diabetes Mellitus Non-Insulin-Dependent - 9 seconds ago
- Silver and Weakness - 11 seconds ago
- Enablex and Fluid Overload - 12 seconds ago