Ambien and Forgetfulness - from FDA reports
Forgetfulness is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Forgetfulness with Ambien. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 62,274 people who have side effects when taking Ambien from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
62,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 3,402 people (5.46%) have Forgetfulness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien when people have Forgetfulness *:
- < 1 month: 29.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.44 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.16 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.24 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.43 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.82 %
- 10+ years: 2.62 %
Gender of people who have Forgetfulness when taking Ambien *:
- female: 63.02 %
- male: 36.98 %
Age of people who have Forgetfulness when taking Ambien *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 1.32 %
- 20-29: 5.22 %
- 30-39: 13.57 %
- 40-49: 23.0 %
- 50-59: 25.95 %
- 60+: 30.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (339 people, 9.96%)
- Pain (301 people, 8.85%)
- Stress And Anxiety (216 people, 6.35%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (136 people, 4.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (136 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (413 people, 12.14%)
- Neurontin (326 people, 9.58%)
- Lexapro (326 people, 9.58%)
- Cymbalta (284 people, 8.35%)
- Nexium (275 people, 8.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sleep Walking (847 people, 24.90%)
- Stress And Anxiety (708 people, 20.81%)
- Road Traffic Accident (631 people, 18.55%)
- Fall (621 people, 18.25%)
- Fatigue (604 people, 17.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Forgetfulness when taking Ambien?
- Check symptoms - is forgetfulness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsForgetfulness and drugs with ingredients of zolpidem tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeForgetfulness and Ambien from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 68,348 users)
Forgetfulness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 117,123 Forgetfulness patients).
Browse all side effects of Ambiena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ForgetfulnessForgetfulness
Could your condition cause ForgetfulnessForgetfulness
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My mother has M.S., she has been on Tecfidera for about 5 years now. This year her grant ran out before we realized, so she has been off of it for about a month. We are working on a new grant now and it should be in place today or tomorrow. She has had an issue with not remembering names for a ...
I have been on xyrem since Nov 2016. I know it causes me to have anxiety, but I'm really concerned about memory loss. I feel so much better with the sleep I am getting now, but memory loss is a big problem. I notice it is much worse when I am stressed or worried. I am new to the group nd would ...
I am going to come off this awful inhaler, I have never felt so rough in all my days. Whilst it was great when asthma was severe, as a controller, it stopped my symptoms and I could breathe but now I think it is rubbish. I am feeling terrible. I get tight chested, and feel out of it and really ...
User posts to the study
My mother is 66 years old and has a mental illness believed to be bipolar with possible delusional disorder as well as cognitive impairment disease which we are in the process of getting second opinions and more neurological testing. As of right now she is 4mg of Risperidone and for two months. ...
I have been taking the generic form Of ambien every night for close to 2 years I have developed peripheral neuropathy in my righ side of face/ear Could this be the result of ambien? No one in my family has anything like this My anxiety causes my sleeplessness
I have been taking Lamictal for about 7 years. I have noticed over the last year or two that my memory has gotten worse to the point that I worry that I am having early onset of Alzheimer's. I am only 43 years old. I have been doing brain games to help with memory. My doctor always asks how ...