Ambien and High blood pressure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
High blood pressure is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ambien and have High blood pressure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,215 people who have side effects when taking Ambien from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
83,215 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 4,127 people (4.96%) have High blood pressure.
What is Ambien?
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 89,865 Ambien users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is High blood pressure?
High blood pressure is found to be associated with 4,808 drugs and 5,113 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ambien and High blood pressure reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien when people have High blood pressure *:
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Ambien*:
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Ambien *:
Common drugs people take besides Ambien *:
Common side effects people have besides High blood pressure *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ambien and have High blood pressure?Check whether High blood pressure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
How severe was High blood pressure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of zolpidem tartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ambien:
- Ambien (89,865 reports)
Common Ambien side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,735 reports
- Pain: 7,139 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 6,917 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5,752 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 5,648 reports
Browse all side effects of Ambien:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
High blood pressure treatments and more:
- High blood pressure (942,485 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to High blood pressure:
- High blood pressure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- High blood pressure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- High blood pressure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with High blood pressure:
- Prednisone: 26,668 reports
- Aspirin: 20,101 reports
- Methotrexate: 18,668 reports
- Amlodipine: 16,475 reports
- Lisinopril: 14,644 reports
- Metformin: 13,835 reports
- Humira: 13,142 reports
- Vioxx: 13,104 reports
- Synthroid: 11,736 reports
- Pantoprazole: 10,768 reports
All the drugs that are associated with High blood pressure:
- High blood pressure (4,808 drugs)
Common conditions associated with High blood pressure:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 26,033 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 14,882 reports
- Pain: 12,230 reports
- Osteoporosis: 11,512 reports
- Asthma: 11,127 reports
All the conditions that are associated with High blood pressure:
- High blood pressure (5,113 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on zolpidem tartrate (the active ingredients of Ambien) and Ambien (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cialis and Pulmonary Toxicity - 10 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Oesophageal Oedema - 15 seconds ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Atorvastatin Calcium drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Analgesic Effect and Memory Loss - 16 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Lactulose drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Naltrexone Hydrochloride and Hydroxyzine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Isentress and Brain Stem Stroke - 27 seconds ago
- Vitamin D and Polycystic Ovary Disease - 37 seconds ago
- Vitamin D and Polyfollicular Ovarian Disease - 37 seconds ago
- Advair Hfa and Lymphopenia - 45 seconds ago