Who have Impulse-control disorder with Ambien - from FDA reports
Impulse-control disorder is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old also take medication Requip, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 68,001 people who have side effects when taking Ambien from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
68,001 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 24 people (0.04%) have Impulse-control disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Impulse-control disorder when taking Ambien *:
- female: 13.04 %
- male: 86.96 %
Age of people who have Impulse-control disorder when taking Ambien *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 36.36 %
- 40-49: 54.55 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 9.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 17 people, 70.83%
- Depression: 7 people, 29.17%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 25.00%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 6 people, 25.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 6 people, 25.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Mirapex: 11 people, 45.83%
- Wellbutrin Sr: 11 people, 45.83%
- Seroquel: 11 people, 45.83%
- Requip: 11 people, 45.83%
- Restoril: 10 people, 41.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression: 14 people, 58.33%
- Emotional Distress: 12 people, 50.00%
- Weight Increased: 11 people, 45.83%
- Pathological Gambling: 11 people, 45.83%
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;): 10 people, 41.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Impulse-control disorder while taking Ambien?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Impulse-control disorder
- Subscribe to monitor Impulse-control disorder in Ambien
You are not alone:
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 74,079 users)
Impulse-control disorder has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, restless leg syndrome, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 1,704 Impulse-control disorder patients).
Drugs that are associated with Impulse-control disorderImpulse-control disorder (448 drugs)
Could your condition cause Impulse-control disorderImpulse-control disorder (260 conditions)
Ambien side effects
- Ambien side effects (68,043 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ambiena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Halcion and Temazepam drug interaction - now
- Will you have Heart Rate Increased with Diamox? - now
- Will you have Fast Heart Rate with Diamox? - now
- Will you have Rapid Heart Beat with Diamox? - now
- Will you have High Blood Pressure with Robinul? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 41 year old man who takes Adderall, Flexeril - an hour ago
- Prediction of Levo-t, Vyvanse for a 35 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Metformin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Loraz - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Lorazepam, Diclofenac - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.