Ambien and Irritability - from FDA reports
Irritability is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Irritability with Ambien. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 62,274 people who have side effects when taking Ambien from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 23, 2017
62,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 596 people (0.96%) have Irritability
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien when people have Irritability *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.43 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 22.86 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Irritability when taking Ambien *:
- female: 57.24 %
- male: 42.76 %
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Ambien *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.89 %
- 20-29: 6.09 %
- 30-39: 13.24 %
- 40-49: 41.39 %
- 50-59: 19.96 %
- 60+: 17.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (135 people, 22.65%)
- Pain (110 people, 18.46%)
- Stress And Anxiety (75 people, 12.58%)
- Quit Smoking (40 people, 6.71%)
- Hepatitis C (35 people, 5.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Oxycontin (109 people, 18.29%)
- Xanax (106 people, 17.79%)
- Cymbalta (88 people, 14.77%)
- Neurontin (74 people, 12.42%)
- Ativan (72 people, 12.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (241 people, 40.44%)
- Depression (208 people, 34.90%)
- Fatigue (202 people, 33.89%)
- Nausea (173 people, 29.03%)
- Headache (161 people, 27.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Irritability when taking Ambien?
- Check symptoms - is irritability caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIrritability and drugs with ingredients of zolpidem tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIrritability and Ambien from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 68,348 users)
Irritability has been reported by people with depression, pain, quit smoking, hepatitis c, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 42,305 Irritability patients).
Browse all side effects of Ambiena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IrritabilityIrritability
Could your condition cause IrritabilityIrritability
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 14 yr old just took two Aleve at 5pm today and had a complete meltdown at 8pm. He’s been somewhat “teen”terrible for a few months now but tonight he seemed so irritable and unable to rationalize. Anyone notice anything like this with teens?
A whole host of neurological symptoms have developed since taking the Ambien for five weeks. I have been taking 15 mg. I would really like to know if I should get off of this medication right away and suffer withdrawal symptoms or continue tapering. Don't want to do anymore damage
User posts to the study
I have been taking the generic form Of ambien every night for close to 2 years I have developed peripheral neuropathy in my righ side of face/ear Could this be the result of ambien? No one in my family has anything like this My anxiety causes my sleeplessness