Will you have Ototoxicity with Amikacin sulfate - from FDA reports
Ototoxicity is found among people who take Amikacin sulfate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Penicillin, and have Tuberculosis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,454 people who have side effects when taking Amikacin sulfate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on amikacin sulfate (the active ingredients of Amikacin sulfate) and Amikacin sulfate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Ototoxicity are also considered in the study.
What is Amikacin sulfate?
Amikacin sulfate has active ingredients of amikacin sulfate. (latest outcomes from Amikacin sulfate 1,471 users)
What is Ototoxicity?
Ototoxicity (damage to the ear) has been reported by people with gestational trophoblastic tumor, tuberculosis, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 1,096 Ototoxicity patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
1,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Amikacin sulfate.
Among them, 11 people (0.76%) have Ototoxicity
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amikacin sulfate when people have Ototoxicity *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Amikacin sulfate *:
- female: 30 %
- male: 70 %
Age of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Amikacin sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 10 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 7 people, 63.64%
- Mycobacterium Abscessus Infection (rapid growing bacterial infection): 5 people, 45.45%
- Mycobacterial Infection: 5 people, 45.45%
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder: 3 people, 27.27%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 3 people, 27.27%
- Abscess Neck (neck abscesses): 3 people, 27.27%
- Bacterial Infection: 2 people, 18.18%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 1 person, 9.09%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 1 person, 9.09%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 1 person, 9.09%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vancomycin Hcl: 1 person, 9.09%
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam: 1 person, 9.09%
- Penicillin: 1 person, 9.09%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased: 3 people, 27.27%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 27.27%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 3 people, 27.27%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 27.27%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 27.27%
- Hypertransaminasaemia: 3 people, 27.27%
- Hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage): 3 people, 27.27%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 18.18%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 2 people, 18.18%
- Fever: 2 people, 18.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Ototoxicity while taking Amikacin sulfate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Ototoxicity
- Subscribe to monitor Ototoxicity in Amikacin sulfate
- Subscribe to monitor Amikacin sulfate
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who take Amikacin sulfate and have Ototoxicity
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with OtotoxicityOtotoxicity (520 drugs)
Could your condition cause OtotoxicityOtotoxicity (299 conditions)
Amikacin sulfate side effects
- Amikacin sulfate side effects (1,454 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Amikacin sulfatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Amoxil and Ibandronate Sodium drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Vaginal Infection with Bendectin? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Loss with Zoledronic Acid? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Loss Poor with Zoledronic Acid? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Loss - Intentional with Zoledronic Acid? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Control with Zoledronic Acid? - 3 seconds ago
- Amidate and Wandering Tailor drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Doxazosin Mesylate and Pacerone drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Novolin N and Sacred Basil drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Bactrim vs. Cipro - 17 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Dulcolax, Zofran Odt - 13 minutes ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Norco - 32 minutes ago
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Xarelto - 7 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Abilify, Sertraline for a 44 year old woman - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 89 year old woman who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Midodrine Hydrochloride - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Spironolactone - 17 hours ago
- Prediction of Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 17 hours ago
- Prediction of Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 17 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Cozaar - 23 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Stiolto Respimat - 23 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.