Amikacin sulfate and Ototoxicity - from FDA reports
Ototoxicity is reported only by a few people who take Amikacin Sulfate. We study 1,306 people who have side effects while taking Amikacin sulfate from FDA. Among them, 2 have Ototoxicity. Find out below who they are, when they have Ototoxicity and more.
1,306 people reported to have side effects when taking Amikacin sulfate.
Among them, 2 people (0.15%) have Ototoxicity
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Amikacin sulfate *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Amikacin sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 2 people, 100.00%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 1 person, 50.00%
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 1 person, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tuberculous Pleurisy (an inflammation of lung covering plura by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 1 person, 50.00%
- Granuloma (a small area of inflammation due to tissue injury): 1 person, 50.00%
- Axonal Neuropathy (dysfunction of axon nerves): 1 person, 50.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 50.00%
- Drug Intolerance (drug sensitivity): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amikacin sulfate and have Ototoxicity?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Ototoxicity
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Amikacin sulfate has active ingredients of amikacin sulfate. (latest outcomes from Amikacin sulfate 1,323 users)
Ototoxicity (damage to the ear) has been reported by people with gestational trophoblastic tumor, preventive health care, medulloblastoma, high blood pressure, rhabdomyosarcoma (latest reports from 910 Ototoxicity patients).
Drugs that are associated with OtotoxicityOtotoxicity (499 drugs)
Could your condition cause OtotoxicityOtotoxicity (302 conditions)
Amikacin sulfate side effects
- Amikacin sulfate side effects (1,306 reports)
Browse all side effects of Amikacin sulfatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Amikacin Sulfate and have Ototoxicity
- Support group for people who have Ototoxicity
- Support group for people who take Amikacin Sulfate
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, I'm new to the group. After 4 months taking Lexapro 15mg daily, I started to experience tinnitus. Upon hearing test, I found out I have already lost part of my hearing capacity. Anyone experiencing the same?
- What is a good substitute blood pressure med..? Is damage done by this medication reversible if this med discontinued..??
- Hello, I have been taking hydrochlorothiazide for over 10 years and recently have experienced sudden sensorineural hearing loss with tinnitus. I have started wondering if my blood pressure medications were responsible when I found this website. I am wondering if there are others experiencing...
- Anyone else out there have inner ear nerve damage and hearing loss from taking Zoloft?
- hello! I taked MAlareone for one month, anda I have ototoxixity
- Will you have Hair Loss with Accupril?
- Will you have Ra with Tranxene?
- Will you have Nasal Abscess with Warm Shock?
- Will you have Tuberculosis with Meloxicam?
- Will you have Extrasystole with Blood Triglycerides Increased?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Accupril and have Hair Loss?
- Support group for people who take Tranxene and have Ra?
- Support group for people who have Warm Shock and Nasal Abscess?
- Support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Tuberculosis?
- Support group for people who have Blood Triglycerides Increased and Extrasystole?
- What to expect when you take Accupril and have Hair Loss?
- What to expect when you take Tranxene and have Ra?
- What to expect when you have Warm Shock and Nasal Abscess?
- What to expect when you take Meloxicam and have Tuberculosis?
- What to expect when you have Blood Triglycerides Increased and Extrasystole?
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Adderall 5
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Clonazepam, Sertraline, Rytary, Sinemet
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Tamoxifen Citrate
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Eliquis
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Adderall, Prozac, Buspar, Lamictal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.