Amiodarone hydrochloride and Chest tightness or pressure - from FDA reports
Chest tightness or pressure is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,754 people who have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
3,754 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride.
Among them, 112 people (2.98%) have Chest tightness or pressure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Chest tightness or pressure *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
Gender of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
- female: 38.74 %
- male: 61.26 %
Age of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 9 people, 8.04%
- Cardiac Disorder: 7 people, 6.25%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 7 people, 6.25%
- Diabetes: 5 people, 4.46%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 5 people, 4.46%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin: 15 people, 13.39%
- Aspirin: 14 people, 12.50%
- Furosemide: 10 people, 8.93%
- Coumadin: 10 people, 8.93%
- Ramipril: 10 people, 8.93%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 52 people, 46.43%
- Weakness: 46 people, 41.07%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 44 people, 39.29%
- Cough: 33 people, 29.46%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 26 people, 23.21%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Chest tightness or pressure while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Chest tightness or pressure
- Subscribe to monitor Chest tightness or pressure in Amiodarone hydrochloride
You are not alone:
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Amiodarone hydrochloride 4,346 users)
Chest tightness or pressure
Chest tightness or pressure has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, asthma, pain (latest reports from 233,713 Chest tightness or pressure patients).
Drugs that are associated with Chest tightness or pressureChest tightness or pressure (3,776 drugs)
Could your condition cause Chest tightness or pressureChest tightness or pressure (4,140 conditions)
Amiodarone hydrochloride side effects
- Amiodarone hydrochloride side effects (3,754 reports)
Browse all side effects of Amiodarone hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim DJ, Lee SC, Park GS, Kim GJ, Hwang WT, Lee CS, Lee MH, Hahn DH, Koh HC, "Amiodarone Induced Multiorgan Toxicity in a Patient of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy With Atrial Fibrillation", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2013 Dec .
- Tesic D, Kostic M, Paunovic D, Jankovic SM, "Analysis of the cost–effectiveness of dronedarone versus amiodarone, propafenone, and sotalol in patients with atrial fibrillation: results for Serbia", Kardiologia Polska (Polish Heart Journal), 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Nausea And Vomiting with Belching? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Upset Stomach with Belching? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomach Upset with Belching? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Emesis with Belching? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Vomiting with Belching? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Ramipril - 12 minutes ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Diprosone - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Provigil - an hour ago
- A study for a 42 year old man who takes Modafinil, Effexor Xr - an hour ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Lidocaine - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.