Who have Hearing loss with Amiodarone hydrochloride - from FDA reports
Hearing loss is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Aspirin, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,987 people who have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
3,987 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride.
Among them, 9 people (0.23%) have Hearing loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hearing loss when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Hearing loss when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 1 person, 11.11%
- Pain: 1 person, 11.11%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 11.11%
- Nasal Polyps (masses that develop in the lining of the nose): 1 person, 11.11%
- Memory Loss: 1 person, 11.11%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 1 person, 11.11%
- Fabry's Disease (build up of a particular type of fat, called globotriaosylceramide, in the body's cells): 1 person, 11.11%
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration: 1 person, 11.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 3 people, 33.33%
- Zymar: 2 people, 22.22%
- Lucentis: 2 people, 22.22%
- Avastin: 2 people, 22.22%
- Crestor: 2 people, 22.22%
- Enoxaparin Sodium: 2 people, 22.22%
- Ezetimibe: 2 people, 22.22%
- Warfarin Sodium: 2 people, 22.22%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 22.22%
- Paracetamol: 2 people, 22.22%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vitreous Haemorrhage (intraocular (inside the eye) bleeding): 2 people, 22.22%
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 2 people, 22.22%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 22.22%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 22.22%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 2 people, 22.22%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 2 people, 22.22%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 2 people, 22.22%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 2 people, 22.22%
- Cystoid Macular Oedema (fluid accumulation after cataract surgery): 2 people, 22.22%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hearing loss while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hearing loss
- Subscribe to monitor Hearing loss in Amiodarone hydrochloride
You are not alone:
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Amiodarone hydrochloride 4,579 users)
Hearing loss has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 16,616 Hearing loss patients).
Drugs that are associated with Hearing lossHearing loss (2,081 drugs)
Could your condition cause Hearing lossHearing loss (1,791 conditions)
Amiodarone hydrochloride side effects
- Amiodarone hydrochloride side effects (3,754 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Amiodarone hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim DJ, Lee SC, Park GS, Kim GJ, Hwang WT, Lee CS, Lee MH, Hahn DH, Koh HC, "Amiodarone Induced Multiorgan Toxicity in a Patient of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy With Atrial Fibrillation", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2013 Dec .
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Tesic D, Kostic M, Paunovic D, Jankovic SM, "Analysis of the cost–effectiveness of dronedarone versus amiodarone, propafenone, and sotalol in patients with atrial fibrillation: results for Serbia", Kardiologia Polska (Polish Heart Journal), 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Dysgeusia with Hydroxyurea? - now
- Will you have Metallic Taste with Hydroxyurea? - now
- Will you have Water Intoxication with Depo-Provera? - now
- What to expect when you take Ranitidine and have Flank Pain? - a second ago
- Boys aged 10-19 who have Rubor with Livalo - 2 seconds ago
- Xifaxan and Abacavir; Lamivudine drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Dacryoadenitis with Latanoprost? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Thyroid Stimulating Hormone with Flonase? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Slow Rhr with Asthma? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Slow Resting Heart Rate with Asthma? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Curcuminoids, Ranitidine, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin) - 27 minutes ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Prazosin Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Atorvastatin Calcium, Fluoxetine, Memantine, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Vyvanse, Spironolactone, Modafinil, Linzess, Botox, Latuda - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Lipitor, Effient, Metformin, Aspirin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Sensipar - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Seroquel Xr - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Desvenlafaxine Succinate, Vesicare, Truvada, Methylprednisolone, Tramadol, Valacyclovir, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Provigil, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Melatonin, Unisom - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Hydrochlorothiazide - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Gabapentin - 10 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.