Amiodarone hydrochloride and Myocardial ischaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 8,364 people who have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Myocardial ischaemia is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Aspirin and have Type 2 diabetes.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Myocardial ischaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,364 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride.
Among them, 14 people (0.17%) have Myocardial ischaemia.
What is Amiodarone hydrochloride?
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 9,099 Amiodarone hydrochloride users.
What is Myocardial ischaemia?
Myocardial ischaemia (the blood flow through one or more of the blood vessels that lead to heart (coronary arteries) is decreased) is found to be associated with 1,858 drugs and 973 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 26,590 people who have Myocardial ischaemia.
Number of Amiodarone hydrochloride and Myocardial ischaemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myocardial ischaemia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Myocardial ischaemia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 90.91 %
Common drugs people take besides Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
- Aspirin: 4 people, 28.57%
- Carvedilol: 3 people, 21.43%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 21.43%
- Norvasc: 2 people, 14.29%
- Enoxaparin Sodium: 2 people, 14.29%
- Insulin: 2 people, 14.29%
- Repaglinide: 2 people, 14.29%
- Rabeprazole Sodium: 2 people, 14.29%
- Janumet: 2 people, 14.29%
- Combivent: 1 person, 7.14%
Common side effects people have besides Myocardial ischaemia *:
- Cardiac Failure: 4 people, 28.57%
- Ventricular Tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart): 3 people, 21.43%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 21.43%
- Wound Haemorrhage (bleeding wound): 2 people, 14.29%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 2 people, 14.29%
- Orthopnea (shortness of breath (dyspnea) when lying down): 2 people, 14.29%
- Cardiac Failure Acute: 2 people, 14.29%
- Chronic Respiratory Failure: 2 people, 14.29%
- Urination - Painful: 2 people, 14.29%
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 2 people, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 14.29%
- Ventricular Tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart): 1 person, 7.14%
- Hemiplegia (paralysis of one side of the body): 1 person, 7.14%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 7.14%
- Cardiac Failure Chronic: 1 person, 7.14%
- Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage): 1 person, 7.14%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 7.14%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 7.14%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 7.14%
- Haemostasis (stopping of bleeding): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Myocardial ischaemia?Check whether Myocardial ischaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Tesic D, Kostic M, Paunovic D, Jankovic SM, "Analysis of the cost–effectiveness of dronedarone versus amiodarone, propafenone, and sotalol in patients with atrial fibrillation: results for Serbia", Kardiologia Polska (Polish Heart Journal), 2016 Jan .
- Kim DJ, Lee SC, Park GS, Kim GJ, Hwang WT, Lee CS, Lee MH, Hahn DH, Koh HC, "Amiodarone Induced Multiorgan Toxicity in a Patient of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy With Atrial Fibrillation", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2013 Dec .
Amiodarone hydrochloride side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Amiodarone hydrochloride side effects (9,099 reports)
Myocardial ischaemia treatments and more:
- Myocardial ischaemia (26,590 reports)
Common drugs associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
- Avandia: 3,794 reports
- Aspirin: 1,648 reports
- Vioxx: 1,541 reports
- Lipitor: 864 reports
- Furosemide: 846 reports
- Metformin: 835 reports
- Lasix: 777 reports
- Plavix: 756 reports
- Lisinopril: 671 reports
- Avandamet: 615 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
- Myocardial ischaemia (1,858 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
- Diabetes: 2,941 reports
- High blood pressure: 915 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 621 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 575 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 379 reports
- Pain: 371 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
- Myocardial ischaemia (973 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amiodarone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Amiodarone hydrochloride) and Amiodarone hydrochloride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amlodipine Besylate and Zirgan drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Magnevist and Sanctura drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Botox and Benicar drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Lip Injury - 32 seconds ago
- Ozempic and Injection Site Bruising - 37 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis - 51 seconds ago
- Arthrotec and Pelvic Pain - 52 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Zepatier drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Heart Palpitations and drugs of ingredients of linaclotide - 53 seconds ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Bentyl drug interaction - 55 seconds ago