Amiodarone hydrochloride and Pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pain is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,364 people who have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,364 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride.
Among them, 194 people (2.32%) have Pain.
What is Amiodarone hydrochloride?
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 9,099 Amiodarone hydrochloride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pain?
Pain is found to be associated with 5,318 drugs and 5,716 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Amiodarone hydrochloride and Pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Pain *:
Gender of people who have Pain when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride*:
Age of people who have Pain when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
Common drugs people take besides Amiodarone hydrochloride *:
Common side effects people have besides Pain *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Pain?Check whether Pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Tesic D, Kostic M, Paunovic D, Jankovic SM, "Analysis of the cost–effectiveness of dronedarone versus amiodarone, propafenone, and sotalol in patients with atrial fibrillation: results for Serbia", Kardiologia Polska (Polish Heart Journal), 2016 Jan .
- Kim DJ, Lee SC, Park GS, Kim GJ, Hwang WT, Lee CS, Lee MH, Hahn DH, Koh HC, "Amiodarone Induced Multiorgan Toxicity in a Patient of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy With Atrial Fibrillation", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2013 Dec .
How severe was Pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride:
- Pain and drugs with ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride (2,580 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Amiodarone hydrochloride:
- Amiodarone hydrochloride (9,099 reports)
Common Amiodarone hydrochloride side effects:
- Weakness: 908 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 806 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 700 reports
- Cough: 535 reports
- Pneumonia: 451 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 450 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 443 reports
Browse all side effects of Amiodarone hydrochloride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pain treatments and more:
- Pain (1,088,462 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pain:
- Pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pain:
- Oxycontin: 55,550 reports
- Enbrel: 47,830 reports
- Humira: 47,288 reports
- Methotrexate: 44,785 reports
- Prednisone: 43,232 reports
- Lyrica: 30,908 reports
- Xeljanz: 26,984 reports
- Oxycodone: 24,129 reports
- Aspirin: 22,287 reports
- Actemra: 20,065 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pain:
- Pain (5,318 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 88,017 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 29,170 reports
- High blood pressure: 19,549 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pain:
- Pain (5,716 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amiodarone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Amiodarone hydrochloride) and Amiodarone hydrochloride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tramadol and Cerebellar Infarction - 5 seconds ago
- Methotrexate Sodium and Ventricular Tachycardia - 7 seconds ago
- Atropine and Injection Site Reaction - 8 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Emotional Distress - 19 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Mitral Valve Repair - 31 seconds ago
- Chromium Picolinate and Hypoglycemia - 32 seconds ago
- Methylergonovine Maleate and Electrocardiogram St Segment Depression - 34 seconds ago
- Ferrous Fumarate and Chills - 36 seconds ago
- Losartan and Barium Swallow Abnormal - 42 seconds ago
- Creon and Methylprednisolone drug interaction - 51 seconds ago