Amisulpride and Muscle rigidity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 5,845 people who have side effects when taking Amisulpride. Muscle rigidity is found, especially among people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take Lansoprazole and have Schizophrenia.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Amisulpride and have Muscle rigidity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
5,845 people reported to have side effects when taking Amisulpride.
Among them, 53 people (0.91%) have Muscle rigidity.
What is Amisulpride?
Amisulpride has active ingredients of amisulpride. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,869 Amisulpride users.
What is Muscle rigidity?
Muscle rigidity (muscle stiffness) is found to be associated with 1,677 drugs and 1,016 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 16,050 people who have Muscle rigidity.
Number of Amisulpride and Muscle rigidity reports submitted per year:
Time on Amisulpride when people have Muscle rigidity *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 75 %
Gender of people who have Muscle rigidity when taking Amisulpride *:
- female: 38.46 %
- male: 61.54 %
Age of people who have Muscle rigidity when taking Amisulpride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.92 %
- 20-29: 23.53 %
- 30-39: 13.73 %
- 40-49: 37.25 %
- 50-59: 5.88 %
- 60+: 15.69 %
Common drugs people take besides Amisulpride *:
- Lansoprazole: 11 people, 20.75%
- Valproate Sodium: 8 people, 15.09%
- Clozapine: 8 people, 15.09%
- Clozaril: 6 people, 11.32%
- Vitamin B6: 4 people, 7.55%
- Haloperidol: 3 people, 5.66%
- Zoloft: 3 people, 5.66%
- Fish Oil: 3 people, 5.66%
- Aripiprazole: 3 people, 5.66%
- Diazepam: 3 people, 5.66%
Common side effects people have besides Muscle rigidity *:
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (a life-threatening neurological disorder most often caused by an adverse reaction to neuroleptic or antipsychotic agents): 28 people, 52.83%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 25 people, 47.17%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 20 people, 37.74%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 15 people, 28.30%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 15 people, 28.30%
- Salivary Hypersecretion (excess saliva secretion): 14 people, 26.42%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 14 people, 26.42%
- Mental Impairment (a condition affecting the body, perhaps through sight or hearing loss, a mobility difficulty or a health condition): 12 people, 22.64%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 12 people, 22.64%
- Fever: 12 people, 22.64%
Common conditions people have *:
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 34 people, 64.15%
- Psychotic Disorder: 7 people, 13.21%
- Depression: 7 people, 13.21%
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck): 4 people, 7.55%
- Cholinergic Syndrome (symptoms of increased cholinergic stimulation): 4 people, 7.55%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 3 people, 5.66%
- Aggression: 3 people, 5.66%
- Psychomotor Hyperactivity (feelings of extreme restlessness): 3 people, 5.66%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 3 people, 5.66%
- Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood): 3 people, 5.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Amisulpride and have Muscle rigidity?Check whether Muscle rigidity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Muscle rigidity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of amisulpride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Amisulpride:
- Amisulpride (5,869 reports)
Browse all side effects of Amisulpride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Muscle rigidity treatments and more:
- Muscle rigidity (16,050 reports)
Common drugs associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Risperidone: 641 reports
- Lorazepam: 632 reports
- Loraz: 632 reports
- Olanzapine: 614 reports
- Sinemet: 603 reports
- Clozapine: 568 reports
- Clonazepam: 566 reports
- Omeprazole: 523 reports
- Diazepam: 487 reports
- Mirtazapine: 466 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Muscle rigidity (1,677 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Parkinson's disease: 2,883 reports
- Depression: 1,050 reports
- Schizophrenia: 638 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 468 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 437 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Muscle rigidity (1,016 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on amisulpride (the active ingredients of Amisulpride) and Amisulpride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nitro-Bid and Serum Ferritin Increased - 24 seconds ago
- Risperidone and Compartment Syndrome - 26 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Neutropenia Aggravated - 28 seconds ago
- Clonazepam and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome - 32 seconds ago
- Zinc Sulfate and Sotalol Hydrochloride drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Elmiron and Abdominal Pain - 42 seconds ago
- Blood Clots in Simvastatin, how severe and when it was recovered? - 45 seconds ago
- Ambien and Cefuroxime drug interaction - a minute ago
- Selegiline Hydrochloride and Mexitil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cimzia and Thyroid Diseases - a minute ago