Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,990 people who have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
5,990 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride.
Among them, 400 people (6.68%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 32.35 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.59 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.94 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.76 %
- 5 - 10 years: 26.47 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride *:
- female: 70.08 %
- male: 29.92 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.28 %
- 2-9: 0.28 %
- 10-19: 0.57 %
- 20-29: 3.41 %
- 30-39: 5.97 %
- 40-49: 14.49 %
- 50-59: 29.26 %
- 60+: 45.74 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (59 people, 14.75%)
- High Blood Pressure (36 people, 9.00%)
- Osteopenia (34 people, 8.50%)
- Sleep Disorder (29 people, 7.25%)
- Pain (25 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fosamax (69 people, 17.25%)
- Gabapentin (40 people, 10.00%)
- Prednisone (34 people, 8.50%)
- Celebrex (33 people, 8.25%)
- Zocor (32 people, 8.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (100 people, 25.00%)
- Weakness (90 people, 22.50%)
- Stress And Anxiety (84 people, 21.00%)
- Headache (80 people, 20.00%)
- Fall (80 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fatigue when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is fatigue caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Amitriptyline hydrochloride 8,838 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,355 Fatigue patients).
Browse all side effects of Amitriptyline hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Li W, Lamichhane J, "From Heartbreak to Left Bundle Branch Block: A Case of Amitriptyline Overdose", American Journal of Therapeutics, 2017 Sep .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was wondering if someone can help me. I have systemic candida which has been really hard to get rid of. To top it off, I take suboxone for pain. Has anyone noticed if the suboxone made the candida symptoms worse?
I have persistent Atrial Fibrillation. My doctor has advised to stop taking 20 mg xarelto for one week then go to 15 mg. I stopped 6 days ago still have the itching problem....will this itching ever go away? Is there anything I can do to stop/cure it? Hope good people out there can give ...
Hi my name is Kathy and I have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami ...
User posts to the study
Hi. I’m 34 years old and for the past nearly 5 years I have been on medication for my neuropathy in my legs. This started off with Amitryptaline and when that wasn’t working very well I was changed to Duloxetine and am currently no a high dosage of it (or so I’ve been told) The meds started ...
Just started taking Cholestyramine about 2 weeks ago and now experiencing fatigue. Very sluggish. Never felt this way before. Male age 60 not taking any other meds at all. Just multi-vitamens & an iron pill.